What do you think of the new covid restrictions?

Watch
Anonymusy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What's the point when a lot of people aren't even following the previous ones?
gr4103y
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Honestly I have no idea, been pretty frustrated about the entire situation
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Pointless. I can meet with 5 people (one of whom could have had COVID) then go and meet with 5 different people, potentially exposing them to the virus and still be acting within government guidance. As for this curfew thing that's also pointless, COVID doesn't go to bed at ten it's always active when it's present.
Bagarigak
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It is what it is.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Completely pointless and easy to legally bypass.
Scotney
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
Pointless. I can meet with 5 people (one of whom could have had COVID) then go and meet with 5 different people, potentially exposing them to the virus and still be acting within government guidance. As for this curfew thing that's also pointless, COVID doesn't go to bed at ten it's always active when it's present.
It just amazes me that the blindingly obvious is beyond the comprehension of the Johnston shower!
confuseduser
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It means I’m just going to go to the pub earlier!
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Scotney)
It just amazes me that the blindingly obvious is beyond the comprehension of the Johnston shower!
I know, but there are always going to be people who lack critical thinking skills who blindly follow without question what they are told by those in power, and enforce what they are told by grassing on their neighbours, they are what Lenin called 'useful idiots'.
Scotney
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
I know, but there are always going to be people who lack critical thinking skills who blindly follow without question what they are told by those in power, and enforce what they are told by grassing on their neighbours, they are what Lenin called 'useful idiots'.
Sadly though I genuinely think the government lack any critical thinking. I am am forced to conclude that there is no strategy or even evil genius behind the rubbish they come out with. I mean what did they think would happen come out of lockdown, open up economy, no working track and trace. :banghead:
TJ1997
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not much, we had them coming for a while and the government itself anticipated a second wave in its own data. Shutting hospitality down at 10pm won't make as big of a difference as made out to be; in fact might even be worse as people can just move to boozing at an after party later on. Don't see these measures suddenly giving common sense to those who lacked it before today either..

As for the message on working from home, it's just completely contradictory and although necessary, might just deepen what is already the deepest recession this country has seen for 300 years. S*** will most definitely hit the fan sooner than later for many businesses and the public footing the very bill that gave them Eat Out to Help Out and Furlough...
Last edited by TJ1997; 1 month ago
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Name:  20200513_165609.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  55.5 KB

Not suprised in the least though.
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gr4103y)
Honestly I have no idea, been pretty frustrated about the entire situation
Don't get frustrated over things you cannot change. You only hurt yourself if you do.
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymusy)
What's the point when a lot of people aren't even following the previous ones?
The rule is absolutely pointless and it's nonsensical. Covid-19 doesn't go to sleep at 10pm ffs. Tory government just wants to look like they're doing something when they're actually doing jackshit.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (181)
14.35%
I'm not sure (59)
4.68%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (369)
29.26%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.93%
I'm not a current university student (615)
48.77%

Watched Threads