Do you have to pay for college courses once you graduate?

Watch
back2m3
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I am about to go into my third year at uni but I am unsure about my course as I am not enjoying it, so I am wondering, should I just finish or drop out. But if I do graduate but then decide I want to go back to college, will I have to pay for anything I'll do?
Annie_Sstudent
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by back2m3)
I am about to go into my third year at uni but I am unsure about my course as I am not enjoying it, so I am wondering, should I just finish or drop out. But if I do graduate but then decide I want to go back to college, will I have to pay for anything I'll do?
If it’s your final year I think you should just try finish it otherwise your other years go to waste. If it is not something you want to pursue in that’s okay. Usually people are just happy to see you have a degree and it don’t matter what it’s in. Continue into another field once you completed this last year. For example most masters do conversion courses and it don’t matter what your degree was in, so whilst studying spend some time looking for what you Would enjoy next. Hope that helps
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by back2m3)
Yes, you would because you'd be over 18 and it wouldn't be your first level 3 course, you could take out a loan, that would be wiped once you graduate university the second time, but do you really want to do another 4 years of education? Would it not make more sense to at least finish this degree then consider your post grad prospects?
back2m3
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Annie_Sstudent)
If it’s your final year I think you should just try finish it otherwise your other years go to waste. If it is not something you want to pursue in that’s okay. Usually people are just happy to see you have a degree and it don’t matter what it’s in. Continue into another field once you completed this last year. For example most masters do conversion courses and it don’t matter what your degree was in, so whilst studying spend some time looking for what you Would enjoy next. Hope that helps
I guess that's true, i guess i wouldnt wanna waste and do more years but, I am really not enjoying the degree and barely get anytime off as it's a midwifery degree, and it is literally killing my mental health :/ but yeah i guess maybe might as well finish it, think i could do another year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (190)
29.41%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.41%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.98%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.36%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.89%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.81%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.88%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.25%

Watched Threads