The Student Room Group

Applying to one university

I’ve found a course at one university which I really want to study. I’ve studied previously so I’m not waiting on any results. Is it a good idea to apply to just this university or should I consider others as well?
Reply 1
I have the UCAS points required so I should be all good. It’s a sport based course and I haven’t really focussed on sport specifically in school but I have science A levels which is recommended for this course. I have plenty of experience with sport of out school so I don’t see what would hold me back. Thanks though!
Why not apply for more? It really never hurts to apply for more than one. In the unlikely chance that you don't get your first choice, it'll be a more painful process than if you had put down several uni's as backups.
Original post by Rhianorla
I’ve found a course at one university which I really want to study. I’ve studied previously so I’m not waiting on any results. Is it a good idea to apply to just this university or should I consider others as well?

Hi!

I think it's best to apply to other universities just in case. Also, you might change your mind and consider others, you never know. I would say its best to compare the universities for you degree.

I hope this helps and good luck!
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:
Original post by Rhianorla

You can apply to your first choice now, see if you get a decision back by 15th Jan, and then apply to others only if necessary.

With achieved grades, any offer you receive will be unconditional, (or only be conditional on verification of your quals), so you shouldn't need an insurance option.
I'm sort of in the same boat, there's one uni I particularly want to go to and I think if I don't get in I'd rather try and apply again next year (should stand better chance once I can get work xp) rather than settle for another choice without giving it a second shot. Downside is I'd be another year older before starting and have to work my current low level job for another year, which isn't great.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending