Isw
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I sent off my application in September and I worry that it was too early . Will it take the universities longer to send me an offer?
Qqwrty1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Lol. Bro I did the opposite and have to wait another year...
Isw
Rep:
?
That's kinda funny. I hope you don't miss the deadline this year. All the best bro!
Isw
Rep:
?
(Original post by Qqwrty1)
Lol. Bro I did the opposite and have to wait another year...
That's kinda funny. I hope you don't miss the deadline this year. All the best bro!
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It doesn't matter when you apply before the deadline, as all applications received before the UCAS deadline (15th of October for Medicine/Dentistry/Vet Med or Oxbridge, 15th of January for everything else) must be considered equally by the universities receiving them. It will neither advantage nor disadvantage you in terms of admissions. It is one less thing for you to think about during this academic year though so you can just now focus on your studies without worrying about writing personal statements and suchlike.
Kogomogo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You should be fine, some students will get their applications in by mid october as that's when the deadline is for certain courses / other universities like oxbridge. Early submittal won't disadvantage you, and some universities send out offers early before the january deadline, so you might have some before christmas if your apllication is good.
Isw
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kogomogo)
You should be fine, some students will get their applications in by mid october as that's when the deadline is for certain courses / other universities like oxbridge. Early submittal won't disadvantage you, and some universities send out offers early before the january deadline, so you might have some before christmas if your apllication is good.
thanks..Actually I am an international student from India and may be that is why I am so nervous.
Isw
Rep:
?
(Original post by artful_lounger)
It doesn't matter when you apply before the deadline, as all applications received before the UCAS deadline (15th of October for Medicine/Dentistry/Vet Med or Oxbridge, 15th of January for everything else) must be considered equally by the universities receiving them. It will neither advantage nor disadvantage you in terms of admissions. It is one less thing for you to think about during this academic year though so you can just now focus on your studies without worrying about writing personal statements and suchlike.
yeah. thank you!!
Kogomogo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Isw)
thanks..Actually I am an international student from India and may be that is why I am so nervous.
It's perfectly understandable to be nervous, it sounds like university is something you really want and would be a great opportunity, it's easy to overthink about all the little things as you want it to succeed so much. Try to relax now that your application is in, you've done all you can do and now it's up to them to decide. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (45)
15.79%
I'm not sure (8)
2.81%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (100)
35.09%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.4%
I'm not a current university student (128)
44.91%

Watched Threads