hugojenner
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
My perdcited grades are A* A* A and an A* in my EPQ. I have an A in my economics AS level as well. My A level subjects are, English literature, history and economics. My GCSES are 8,8,7,7,7,7,6,5. I would argue that I have a stellar personal statement as well. I am sitting the LNAT soon, if I were to get a really good score on my LNAT, would I have a chance of getting in? The grade requirement is A*AA.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by hugojenner)
My perdcited grades are A* A* A and an A* in my EPQ. I have an A in my economics AS level as well. My A level subjects are, English literature, history and economics. My GCSES are 8,8,7,7,7,7,6,5. I would argue that I have a stellar personal statement as well. I am sitting the LNAT soon, if I were to get a really good score on my LNAT, would I have a chance of getting in? The grade requirement is A*AA.
Why wouldn't you have a chance of getting in?
Mikos
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Of course your LNAT will play a role but otherwise it definitely seems that you're capable of getting a place to me.
hugojenner
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Mikos)
Of course your LNAT will play a role but otherwise it definitely seems that you're capable of getting a place to me.
Would my GCSE's not hinder me from getting accepted?
hugojenner
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mikos)

(Original post by harrysbar)
Why wouldn't you have a chance of getting in?
I feel as though my GCSE's are not good enough
neko no basu
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Most unis don't really care about your gcses so you'll be fine.
Mikos
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Your GCSEs honestly aren't that bad. They're probably below average for KCL, but it doesn't seem bad enough that a decent LNAT performance, good A-level predictions and a good personal statement can't compensate for it. I think if the rest of your application is strong then your GCSEs shouldn't be too much of a hindrance.
What subject was the 5 in, mind me asking?
hugojenner
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mikos)
Your GCSEs honestly aren't that bad. They're probably below average for KCL, but it doesn't seem bad enough that a decent LNAT performance, good A-level predictions and a good personal statement can't compensate for it. I think if the rest of your application is strong then your GCSEs shouldn't be too much of a hindrance.
The 5 was in history which is really bad because I am currently taking History A Level.
hugojenner
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mikos)
My GCSES were:
English Lit 8
Physics 8
Math 7
English Lang 7
Chemistry 7
Biology 7
Business 6
History 5
Lilyhxe003
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Does anyone have an arbitio account I can use? My lnat is on Monday
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (59)
15.05%
I'm not sure (14)
3.57%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (133)
33.93%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.53%
I'm not a current university student (180)
45.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed