a1exm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I am really struggling with a topic for my EPQ. I am really interested in Physics and Computer Science, but will most likely move on to do Computer Science after A Levels anyway, so I was hoping to find an EPQ topic that's interesting and relevant however most of the ones I've seen are pretty boring.

Has anyone done one / is doing one and know any good ideas or good artefact ideas?

Thanks for any help.
AFmaths
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by a1exm)
I am really struggling with a topic for my EPQ. I am really interested in Physics and Computer Science, but will most likely move on to do Computer Science after A Levels anyway, so I was hoping to find an EPQ topic that's interesting and relevant however most of the ones I've seen are pretty boring.

Has anyone done one / is doing one and know any good ideas or good artefact ideas?

Thanks for any help.
You could make a website or make some kind of programme. I'm making a video game for my EPQ if you like video games it could be fun to make one but it probably requires more effort than most other options.
a1exm
Rep:
?
(Original post by AFmaths)
You could make a website or make some kind of programme. I'm making a video game for my EPQ if you like video games it could be fun to make one but it probably requires more effort than most other options.
That sounds good but not related to physics? Ik its a bit obscure but that's what I'm aiming for atm. Thanks though
AFmaths
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by a1exm)
That sounds good but not related to physics? Ik its a bit obscure but that's what I'm aiming for atm. Thanks though
I don't do Physics or Computer Science but you could make some kind of physics software like a gravity programme or a software that helps with physics equations. However in my school the teacher tells us not to make the EPQ too similar to what we do in class as it's about learning something new by yourself.
a1exm
Rep:
?
(Original post by AFmaths)
I don't do Physics or Computer Science but you could make some kind of physics software like a gravity programme or a software that helps with physics equations. However in my school the teacher tells us not to make the EPQ too similar to what we do in class as it's about learning something new by yourself.
Thanks
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You can easily write some scientific program related to physics, if you know how to program already. For example, you could write a program that models some physical system with user input parameters for example, then outputs the results in some format. That has a lot of scope for potentially quite involved work, but the basic premise is straightforward enough and can be done fairly simply.
a1exm
Rep:
?
(Original post by artful_lounger)
You can easily write some scientific program related to physics, if you know how to program already. For example, you could write a program that models some physical system with user input parameters for example, then outputs the results in some format. That has a lot of scope for potentially quite involved work, but the basic premise is straightforward enough and can be done fairly simply.
Alright good ideas thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (190)
29.41%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.41%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.98%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.36%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.89%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.81%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.88%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.25%

Watched Threads