Veterinary Nursing - Mature Student - Entry Requirements

Watch
Tasty_Masala_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi all,

Hoping someone can help me! I can't seem to get through to the right people for advice. I'm really wanting to study Veterinary Nursing at Edinburgh Napier in 2021/2022 but I don't have the relevant qualifications yet to meet the entry requirements. Does anyone have any advice for mature students (I'm 26) who need to start from scratch to gain entry to university.

All of my schooling was done in Australia & I don't have any grades that I can carry over that equate to GCSE's or A levels. I have a Cert III in Education support and a Dipl in Business Administration.

Has anyone studied for A levels online? Has anyone taken an animal management course to gain entry into uni?

Any help would be so appreciated Thank you!! x
Natatta
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Tasty_Masala_)
Hi all,

Hoping someone can help me! I can't seem to get through to the right people for advice. I'm really wanting to study Veterinary Nursing at Edinburgh Napier in 2021/2022 but I don't have the relevant qualifications yet to meet the entry requirements. Does anyone have any advice for mature students (I'm 26) who need to start from scratch to gain entry to university.

All of my schooling was done in Australia & I don't have any grades that I can carry over that equate to GCSE's or A levels. I have a Cert III in Education support and a Dipl in Business Administration.

Has anyone studied for A levels online? Has anyone taken an animal management course to gain entry into uni?

I believe you can do the animal care course at HNC or HND level which you can do to get into uni
Littleemma98
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Tasty_Masala_)
Hi all,

My advice would be contact Napier university and ask them what's the best options to do so that you can get yourself on the veterinary nursing course soon as its possibly for you on achieving these.
The staff there are excellent and will guide you with everything okay.
As you said you did your education in Australia whereas mines is scotland and obviously there's different grading systems although you would only need minimum entry requirements but best with slightly higher to give you best opportunities for getting onto this course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (33)
16.5%
I'm not sure (7)
3.5%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (70)
35%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.5%
I'm not a current university student (87)
43.5%

Watched Threads