Mafu12
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello

EU migrant workers are asking me a letter of dependency. It said it needs evidence to prove this such as a medical letter, utility bills or rent/mortagage agreements. I do not have any medical issues so I dont think medical letter as evidence would be fine.

I am dependent on my parents as they pay for the food and such. What evidence should I send to prove this??
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Mafu12)
Hello

EU migrant workers are asking me a letter of dependency. It said it needs evidence to prove this such as a medical letter, utility bills or rent/mortagage agreements. I do not have any medical issues so I dont think medical letter as evidence would be fine.

I am dependent on my parents as they pay for the food and such. What evidence should I send to prove this??
Hi, as you are applying as a child of a Migrant Worker but are not classed as a child due to being aged 21 or over, you need to prove dependency on your parent - there are two options, physically or financially dependent.

Here is our official guidance:
Student physically dependent - We will require medical evidence to support this

Student financially dependent - We will require evidence of the students incomings/outgoings to show they aren't earning enough to live independently. We can also accept evidence of any support provided by the parent or step parents i.e. utility bills, tenancy agreement, bank statements showing transfers.

If you can't provide this evidence to show dependency then you won't be eligible to apply as a child of a Migrant Worker.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (134)
28.45%
No - I have already returned home (63)
13.38%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.75%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.55%
No - I live at home during term anyway (136)
28.87%

Watched Threads