The Student Room Group

Baby

So my auntie just had a baby and I'm not sure why but whenever any of them has a baby I feel sad and I don't get why bc I'm almost 17 so it doesn't feel normal. Idk how to explain it, I'm just sad about it, not jealous or anything. Is this normal or am I just a horrible person??
Original post by Anonymous
So my auntie just had a baby and I'm not sure why but whenever any of them has a baby I feel sad and I don't get why bc I'm almost 17 so it doesn't feel normal. Idk how to explain it, I'm just sad about it, not jealous or anything. Is this normal or am I just a horrible person??

can you explain the 'sad' is it like a sad that she has her own family, sad that maybe (if it's your plan) youd be like her one day or what?
Reply 2

Do you think maybe its just uncomfortable since its out of the ordinary? It can be a strange thing to think about if you've known the person without kids for so long and they just suddenly have one.
Your not a horrible person, it just takes some getting used to.
Reply 3
Original post by SummerHaze106
can you explain the 'sad' is it like a sad that she has her own family, sad that maybe (if it's your plan) youd be like her one day or what?

Just upset, it always happens, not just with her but with other aunts that have babies. I get really down about it, like unhappy and I feel like it's because I think everything is going to change? I really, really hate change. Also, the family gets so overprotective and treats the rest of us like we're a nuisance whenever a new baby comes and are WAY too overprotective. Idk I just feel all-round upset by it.
Are you a single child? It could be coz now that new kid would get most of the family’s attention?
do you mean that you feel some sort of longing, like baby fever but it makes you feel sadder? or is it to do with a fear of change or something along those lines?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
Are you a single child? It could be coz now that new kid would get most of the family’s attention?

No, I'm not an only child, I am the oldest though out of 7 of us. I'm not sure if it's bc of attention because being the oldest, i am used to not getting as much as the younger ones.
Reply 7
Original post by nightingalegend
do you mean that you feel some sort of longing, like baby fever but it makes you feel sadder? or is it to do with a fear of change or something along those lines?

What is Baby fever? Also, yes I definitely hate the idea of change as it scares me kinda?
Reply 8
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Do you think maybe its just uncomfortable since its out of the ordinary? It can be a strange thing to think about if you've known the person without kids for so long and they just suddenly have one.
Your not a horrible person, it just takes some getting used to.

I've only known her for a year, she married my uncle last year and tbh I don't really like her, she is kinda rude to everyone and bossy :/
Try and make yourself useful to your aunts and help with the babies how you can, then you may find you enjoy being with the babies and the aunts will hopefully value your help and give you some attention.
I felt just like this too when my aunt had a baby, but I got over it(I suppose it's easier for me because she lives abroad)
Original post by KelsieTaylor
I felt just like this too when my aunt had a baby, but I got over it(I suppose it's easier for me because she lives abroad)

Thanks. Yeah i always do get over it after a while but this time it feels EXTRA sad. I think bc all my other aunts are from the same family and this one is not? I don't know her that well.
Thanks. Yeah i always do get over it after a while but this time it feels EXTRA sad. I think bc all my other aunts are from the same family and this one is not? I don't know her that well.

I understand, my aunt doesn't feel too much like family either. She's my uncle's second wife(his first one passed away)and I kind of liked his first wife more, we had a close bond.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending