Can I do radiography with applied science and sociology?

Watch
Pandalovesfood
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, it's been 2 weeks since I started 6th form and at the moment, I'm studying btec applied science level 3 and psychology. I have had 2 weeks of psychology but I'm really not enjoying it. I have 2 teachers for psychology and both of them aren't great at teaching. I really don't wanna be stuck with a subject for 2 years especially if I don't love it so I wanna change. I'm thinking about studying radiography in the future but it seems like psychology is better to stick with cause it's considered a science but I'm so unhappy. Can I still study radiography with applied science and sociology or do I have to do psychology? Do universities accept sociology for radiography? Or do they prefer psychology? Please help! 😭
CrystalRose17
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Pandalovesfood)
Hi, it's been 2 weeks since I started 6th form and at the moment, I'm studying btec applied science level 3 and psychology. I have had 2 weeks of psychology but I'm really not enjoying it. I have 2 teachers for psychology and both of them aren't great at teaching. I really don't wanna be stuck with a subject for 2 years especially if I don't love it so I wanna change. I'm thinking about studying radiography in the future but it seems like psychology is better to stick with cause it's considered a science but I'm so unhappy. Can I still study radiography with applied science and sociology or do I have to do psychology? Do universities accept sociology for radiography? Or do they prefer psychology? Please help! 😭
Yes you can .I am only studying btech extended diploma in applied science level 3 (currently just started second year) and i am appluing for diagnostic radiography in uni the uni choices i have decided so far and they accept betch are
City ,university of london they want a D*D*D*
London southbank university they want D*D*D
St george uni london i dont remeber the requirement exactly but i think it was DDM
and university if Hertfordshire

They are many other unis accepting btech as well.Just have a search in whatuni website or ucas and you will find all the unis the almost all accept btechs .
As for phsycology thats a huge advatage with it.
Pandalovesfood
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by CrystalRose17)
Yes you can .I am only studying btech extended diploma in applied science level 3 (currently just started second year) and i am appluing for diagnostic radiography in uni the uni choices i have decided so far and they accept betch are
St george uni london i dont remeber the requirement exactly but i think it was DDM

They are many other unis accepting btech as well.Just have a search in whatuni website or ucas and you will find all the unis the almost all accept btechs .
Hi! Thanks for replying! I changed psychology to sociology, would this still be accepted by unis for radiography?
Pandalovesfood
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by CrystalRose17)Yes you can .I am only studying btech extended diploma in applied science level 3 (currently just started second year) and i am appluing for diagnostic radiography in uni the uni choices i have decided so far and they accept betch are

Hi! Thanks for replying! I changed psychology to sociology, would this still be accepted by unis for radiography?
CrystalRose17
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Pandalovesfood)
(Original post by CrystalRose17)Yes you can .I am only studying btech extended diploma in applied science level 3 (currently just started second year) and i am appluing for diagnostic radiography in uni the uni choices i have decided so far and they accept betch are

This should not be a problem as their main requirement from the qualifications you have is btech try to get the required grade there sociology can be a great for supporting your application like I am doing as maths and a language a level with my btech applied science its good for supporting your application as it gives you extra iced points and you can mention on your personal statement how these helped you to develop skills needed for the radiology degree .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.14%
I'm not sure (59)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (383)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (644)
49.24%

Watched Threads