The Student Room Group

Completing a BA in 2 years

Has anyone completed a BA in 2 years, when it is normally completed in 3? I know that Buckingham University do two-year degrees, but I was wondering whether anyone has been able to complete their degree early by a year by completing all of the credits in 2 years. I know this is very intensive, but I do believe it is possible, depending on the course.
Original post by freespeech102
Has anyone completed a BA in 2 years, when it is normally completed in 3? I know that Buckingham University do two-year degrees, but I was wondering whether anyone has been able to complete their degree early by a year by completing all of the credits in 2 years. I know this is very intensive, but I do believe it is possible, depending on the course.

You just have fewer holidays and less of a social life. Perfectly doable, but what makes you want to do it that way? I would rather have the full student experience.
Original post by 999tigger
You just have fewer holidays and less of a social life. Perfectly doable, but what makes you want to do it that way? I would rather have the full student experience.

Hi. This is the OP, but since my account was banned for simply exercising free speech and engaging in intellectual discourse, I was banned. No surprise, given how TSR is full of a bunch of sensitive snowflakes who cannot fathom the idea of being open-minded, since their dead brain cells are unable to comprehend that thought. This is not the case for everyone of course, but I have now had 4 accounts banned. Anyways, I want to do this because I want to put myself to the limit. I believe I can still do it while maintaining a happy life. What I am going to do is study 8 hours a day during the weekdays, and then work 8 hours a day on the weekend part-time, perhaps at a pharmacy, so that I have some income to spend on investments, research expeditions and other self-fulfilling activities. I am going to study or work 8 hours a day, sleep 8 hours a day, and then spend 6 hours a day doing what I love, which will be 30 minutes a day of playing the ukelele, 30 minutes of a sport, which will either be cycling, table tennis, badminton or whatever else is available, 2 hours of language study in the early morning, 1 hour of gym a day 6 times a week, to which my rest day will go to running for cardiovascular health, 1 hour of free-time, which will be spent on travelling to a museum, gallery, theatre, green space or research institution, or talking to a friend, and 1 hour for reading before I go to bed.

P.S. Do not be surprised if this account gets banned again for doing nothing wrong at all, and if I then reply on another account.
Original post by freespeech103
Hi. This is the OP, but since my account was banned for simply exercising free speech and engaging in intellectual discourse, I was banned. No surprise, given how TSR is full of a bunch of sensitive snowflakes who cannot fathom the idea of being open-minded, since their dead brain cells are unable to comprehend that thought. This is not the case for everyone of course, but I have now had 4 accounts banned. Anyways, I want to do this because I want to put myself to the limit. I believe I can still do it while maintaining a happy life. What I am going to do is study 8 hours a day during the weekdays, and then work 8 hours a day on the weekend part-time, perhaps at a pharmacy, so that I have some income to spend on investments, research expeditions and other self-fulfilling activities. I am going to study or work 8 hours a day, sleep 8 hours a day, and then spend 6 hours a day doing what I love, which will be 30 minutes a day of playing the ukelele, 30 minutes of a sport, which will either be cycling, table tennis, badminton or whatever else is available, 2 hours of language study in the early morning, 1 hour of gym a day 6 times a week, to which my rest day will go to running for cardiovascular health, 1 hour of free-time, which will be spent on travelling to a museum, gallery, theatre, green space or research institution, or talking to a friend, and 1 hour for reading before I go to bed.

P.S. Do not be surprised if this account gets banned again for doing nothing wrong at all, and if I then reply on another account.

Sounds like you have a perma ban in which case you will be banned until you serve your time and making new accounts will just make it worse.
Sounds like a very odd uni experience, but its your money.
I would rather do a normal degree.
The normal way to challenge yourself is to get a very high first and be published. If a 2year degree works for you then go for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending