The Student Room Group

Msc in Writing

Maybe the title is a bit off and where im posting it.. but i really like writing and just want to get better at it, anyone think it is a good idea to go for a masters or even a course in writing to get better at it? im thinking of writing my own books, have some ideas in mind but i don't know how and where to start so i can actually get really good at writing.. i just need the right teachers and guides to show me the right path or even if anyone knows what they do to get better at writing (mainly non-fiction books)
Original post by Agelmos
Maybe the title is a bit off and where im posting it.. but i really like writing and just want to get better at it, anyone think it is a good idea to go for a masters or even a course in writing to get better at it? im thinking of writing my own books, have some ideas in mind but i don't know how and where to start so i can actually get really good at writing.. i just need the right teachers and guides to show me the right path or even if anyone knows what they do to get better at writing (mainly non-fiction books)

I think you'd have to look carefully into what modules the MSc Writing has at each university, and what support is available to you. It also depends on whether you already have a portfolio to show them, or whether you aren't at that stage yet.
Reply 2
Original post by PhoenixFortune
I think you'd have to look carefully into what modules the MSc Writing has at each university, and what support is available to you. It also depends on whether you already have a portfolio to show them, or whether you aren't at that stage yet.

yea i just know that many friends of mine went for a masters on something completely irrelevant to their bachelors degree.. i did my bachelors degree in Environmental sciences but now my main interest is writing- i feel also that i didn't take university too seriously so it is also a chance to learn more things now and connect with more people and establish something of my own.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending