The Student Room Group

Guys I really really need your help :(

To brief it, I'm in year 13 and I just got a new teacher. He is by far the most rude and arrogant person I have ever met. He is so rude to all students and he makes us not want to be there. It's been 1 month of sixth form and every time I know I have a lesson with him I genuinely feel terrified. He makes me not want to go to school. He gave us a test which was the hardest test on half the things we've never done and starts having a go at us individually. I don't know what to do :frown: everyone in my class hates him and he lies about everything. Please give me some advice
Can you talk to a trusted professor about this? For example a professor you have had before and you know will listen to you?
Reply 2
Original post by bettinakovacs
Can you talk to a trusted professor about this? For example a professor you have had before and you know will listen to you?

I don't think so :frown: I've asked people and all of them said the school won't take action.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I don't think so :frown: I've asked people and all of them said the school won't take action.

The school will have to take action if enough of you complain. I suggest that each of you keep a report of what happened in the lessons (purely facts, try and keep emotions out) and then send it to the head of department/head of year/headteacher and ask for a response.
Collect evidence again if nothing changes, then send a report again.
If you still get no useful response and it's still going on then contact the chair of governors for your school.
If a bunch of you go from the class to your deputy head or even head teacher then change will happen. We had an awful teacher during first few weeks of year 12 and there were only about 8 of us in the class. 5 of us complained and we thought she would just calm down, but surprisingly we were given a new teacher in stead who was lovely haha.
Reply 5
To brief it, I'm in year 13 and I just got a new teacher. He is by far the most rude and arrogant person I have ever met. He is so rude to all students and he makes us not want to be there. It's been 1 month of sixth form and every time I know I have a lesson with him I genuinely feel terrified. He makes me not want to go to school. He gave us a test which was the hardest test on half the things we've never done and starts having a go at us individually. I don't know what to do :frown: everyone in my class hates him and he lies about everything. Please give me some advice

hey, I'm really sorry about that, It really sucks having a bad teacher but you have to remember that they are there to help you and if they arent it might help to tell a head of the department or a teacher that you trust
Reply 6
Original post by Naixx
hey, I'm really sorry about that, It really sucks having a bad teacher but you have to remember that they are there to help you and if they arent it might help to tell a head of the department or a teacher that you trust

He hasn't taught us anything in a month :frown: we have exams at the end of the year and he's not preparing us for them. I'm gutted. I don't think they will listen to me
Reply 7
If a bunch of you go from the class to your deputy head or even head teacher then change will happen. We had an awful teacher during first few weeks of year 12 and there were only about 8 of us in the class. 5 of us complained and we thought she would just calm down, but surprisingly we were given a new teacher in stead who was lovely haha.

Really??? But I'm not sure anyone has the guys to do it :/

There should be a student association no?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending