marble543
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I dont know if anyone can recommend the best drama schools for being inclusive, friendly and safe - perhaps ones who are more willing to take on students with less experience?

I really want to act but always fear that those around me are far more confident and able, and this always ends up putting me off altogether. Perhaps I have the wrong idea or maybe I just am not ready to think about even applying yet.
hanlouisesampson
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Regardless of how you view your own skill and compare yourself to others, most drama schools require an audition for entry, so if you do get into one, you're definitely good enough to be there. I'd personally recommend some in London (these are the ones i know best) Also are you meaning school or University?
mellowmallow
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by marble543)
I dont know if anyone can recommend the best drama schools for being inclusive, friendly and safe - perhaps ones who are more willing to take on students with less experience?

I really want to act but always fear that those around me are far more confident and able, and this always ends up putting me off altogether. Perhaps I have the wrong idea or maybe I just am not ready to think about even applying yet.
I have heard of smaller and up and coming courses are a lot more welcoming and nice (Mostly because they're teaching is built for the present and a lot of teachers and elements of the training aren't stuck in the past) So places like ICTheatre and Chichester uni but big drama schools like LAMDA and Rose Bruford have always seemed welcoming too!

I had exactly the same anxieties as you when I first started so if u have any questions or want some advice please feel free to PM me because I know the feeling
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (57)
15.08%
I'm not sure (14)
3.7%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (129)
34.13%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.59%
I'm not a current university student (172)
45.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed