harryhowell12
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
What sort of research should i be doing in my free periods or outside of school regarding geography a level?
Deggs_14
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If you've thought of the area of research you'd like to investigate for your NEA project, you could research into different theories and literature to shape the framework of your NEA project. To access the highest marks you should show evidence of a theory / phenomenon / idea etc that you can use to hypothesise potential statements in your introduction to your NEA.

As an example, my A level geography NEA was investigating river discharge and sediment roundness along a small river, I found the Hjulström curve was a useful graph in which I could base some hypotheses of my investigation upon. (About sediment becoming rounder and flatter along the course of a river). http://www.coolgeography.co.uk/A-lev.../Hjulstrom.htm

Otherwise, I would always stay up to date with the news, I like the BBC news but if there are any other websites you like then keep up to date with those too, in particular the science and environment section on the BBC. Or you can read geographical magazine or newspaper articles, you could see if your school library has any archives, or I read the Geographical Magazine each month. You can search for articles here https://geographical.co.uk/ for areas of geography that interest you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (107)
28.31%
No - I have already returned home (50)
13.23%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (71)
18.78%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
10.32%
No - I live at home during term anyway (111)
29.37%

Watched Threads