thinking of cutting my hair

Watch
Zosia_
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So currently my hair lenght is a bit past my shoulders but I would like to cut it quite short (maybe boy cut short) but with winter coming soon and with wearing hats I dont know if it will be the best idea. Any advice would be welcome.
Ki Yung Na
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I don’t want to make you uncomfortable but without pictures. It’s hard to say if it’d suit you.
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Go for it! Hair always grows back if you end up not liking it
rxyaltyx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
do it!!!
why not try something new
it will eventually grow back anyway
Zosia_
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ki Yung Na)
I don’t want to make you uncomfortable but without pictures. It’s hard to say if it’d suit you.
that's completely understandable
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You could try faux bob hairstyles (like those cringy tik tok hacks lol) or wear your hair under a hat so it looks shorter.
Blueclueless
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Zosia_)
So currently my hair lenght is a bit past my shoulders but I would like to cut it quite short (maybe boy cut short) but with winter coming soon and with wearing hats I dont know if it will be the best idea. Any advice would be welcome.
If you’re worried about hats look up “Benie with short hair/hat with short hair” that’s usually a good way to figure out what’ll look good with hats (although beanies are usually super cute with any hairstyle)

If you want boy cut short then you’re probably going to have shaved sides+back which means you might want to have the top layered so it doesn’t look too chunky.

If you’re hair is fairly long now then you might not like a boycut at first bc it’ll be so dramatic (I went from ass length hair to practically a shaved head) so maybe try a long bob (looks good with layers) and then a pixie cut and THEN a boy cut so that way the growing out process won’t be such a struggle if you realise you don’t like it.

Good luck!!
cooltowering
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Do whatever makes you happy and comfortable
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I would advise against cutting it yourself.
Lolaclover
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
I would advise against cutting it yourself.
I agree,,unless you are good at it and you did it before
Emily Claxton
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Zosia_)
In my opinion, cut any hairstyle that makes you comfortable and happy.
But because you were worried about winter and wearing a hat. You can use the Side-Parted Crop hairstyle that I also use.
I saw and chose this hairstyle in The Best Haircut Ideas for Winter 2019 and because I am in Calgary, I saw these hairdressers https://www.beautster.com/gallery/haircut/ that cut this hairstyle and in I did this salon.
I think you can think about this hairstyle too. Because when you take off your hat, it does not get too messy and is easily arranged.
Small highlights on this hairstyle make it more beautiful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (190)
29.41%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.41%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.98%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.36%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.89%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.81%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.88%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.25%

Watched Threads