Uni won’t withdraw me and release into Clearing - help

Watch
Awluple
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hello, so I have a big problem with my insurance choice. Apologies for the wall of text, but I’m at the end of my rope.

At the beginning, both my girlfriend and I applied to universities in Scotland, but we didn’t do well on our exams. I’m from an EU country so I got my final exam results in August and sent them August 24. My gf didn’t get into Scottish unis and got into an English uni through Clearing instead. Naturally, I’m moving in with her and want to start uni in the same city (and it’s just a better uni overall).

I still didn't have insurance university response so I wrote an email asking for rejection. The first e-mail was sent on September 4, but without response. 9th of September I sent another email and also called them, they said that I have to click a button in my track. There was no such thing so I messaged UCAS and found out that UWS is holding a conditional offer and only they can release me. So I called another time, this time they said that I am at the final stage of the application and I should expect a response any time now. EIGHT days later, just before the deadline I got a response... they accepted me. I called them again (21 September) where they said that they will withdraw me and two days later still nothing. Now I have no idea what to do, UCAS says they can't release me without UWS’s permission, the other uni can't accept me outside UCAS, UWS is ghosting me, classes in my chosen uni begin 28th of September. It's the end of September and I'm still not in Clearing. Does anyone have any idea what else I can do?
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Awluple)
Hello, so I have a big problem with my insurance choice. Apologies for the wall of text, but I’m at the end of my rope.

At the beginning, both my girlfriend and I applied to universities in Scotland, but we didn’t do well on our exams. I’m from an EU country so I got my final exam results in August and sent them August 24. My gf didn’t get into Scottish unis and got into an English uni through Clearing instead. Naturally, I’m moving in with her and want to start uni in the same city (and it’s just a better uni overall).

I still didn't have insurance university response so I wrote an email asking for rejection. The first e-mail was sent on September 4, but without response. 9th of September I sent another email and also called them, they said that I have to click a button in my track. There was no such thing so I messaged UCAS and found out that UWS is holding a conditional offer and only they can release me. So I called another time, this time they said that I am at the final stage of the application and I should expect a response any time now. EIGHT days later, just before the deadline I got a response... they accepted me. I called them again (21 September) where they said that they will withdraw me and two days later still nothing. Now I have no idea what to do, UCAS says they can't release me without UWS’s permission, the other uni can't accept me outside UCAS, UWS is ghosting me, classes in my chosen uni begin 28th of September. It's the end of September and I'm still not in Clearing. Does anyone have any idea what else I can do?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O6G...ew?usp=sharing
Have you rang the university you want to go to?
And are they giving you an offer?
Awluple
Rep:
?
(Original post by 04MR17)
Have you rang the university you want to go to?
And are they giving you an offer?
I applied through their clearing tool and had a provisional offer, but they said they can't accept me outside UCAS
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Awluple)
I applied through their clearing tool and had a provisional offer, but they said they can't accept me outside UCAS
Did that provisional offer have an expiry date? If so, has that date passed now.

If the provisional offer has expired, ring your desired university up and ask them to confirm the offer is still open.

Then ring up UWS and say:
- The "decline my place" button is not showing on track
- Please withdraw your offer for me as I would like to go into clearing
If they try to say it's something you need to do, restate that the decline my place button is not visible for you on UCAS Track and that you've rang UCAS, who said it's in the hands of the university to withdraw the offer made
If they say "yes we'll do that", ask when it will be done by. Explain how long you've waited and explain that this is urgent.
If they are being very difficult with you, ask about how to access their official complaints procedure.
Awluple
Rep:
?
Thank you! I’ll try to do this the way you suggested, maybe it'll work this time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (326)
55.63%
I don't have everything I need (260)
44.37%

Watched Threads