are online relationships cringe?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
like long-distance ones, I'm new to one haven't met just text and called a few times, seen each other pics, but mostly we talk through text cuz of busy schedules
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Some are.
It depends on the people involved, their lifestyles, type of conversations they have and the reason why the relationship is long distance.
I'm not a fan of any long distance relationships but all those couples who met and only dated on the secondlife website were cringe worthy.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
More often than not, yes. There are some expceptions though, like if the two people don't live that far from each other and still see each other somewhat regularly.
khadijaaaxxxx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
yeah i think they are tbh
Foxehh
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Usually its a good idea to meet the person at least once before getting into a relationship. People can act different through texts than face to face.
Some can be, others arent. Depends on the people in the relationship.
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I'd normally argue that they aren't a good idea, at least if you haven't met in person yet. You never really know what a person is really like until you've seen how they react to everyday scenarios and whatnot.

That being said, they can be successful and less 'cringe' after that stage.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
like long-distance ones, I'm new to one haven't met just text and called a few times, seen each other pics, but mostly we talk through text cuz of busy schedules
Seems a bit of a stretch to call it a relationship.

Imo online relationships are just different, but they can have many of the traits to a real in person relationship and depending on how well its done can exceed some other relationships. Just go with the flow and if you are both happy, then its not really anyone elses difference.
Anonymous #2
Report 8 months ago
When I was 16 to 18 I had a long-distance /online relationship. We met in real life when we were 18 and dated for another 2 years while students. Having an online relationship at 16-18 was great! She was hot, fun to talk with, plenty of nudes, but none of the boring stuff. Recommend.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (127)
41.78%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (34)
11.18%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (24)
7.89%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (67)
22.04%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (33)
10.86%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed