The Student Room Group

NLCS 16+ Entrance Exams and Interview preperation for 2021 Entry

There isn't much info about this and I am worried about the entrance exams and interviews coming up.
I am thinking of choosing Economics, Biology.. maybe Maths or French
but I am not sure about what I want to do for A-levels; I just want to pick the easiest subjects for me to do for the exam then maybe I can change my choices.
I really want to get into the school so any advice on the entrance exams, interviews or sixth form applications will be much appreciated!
Thank you<3
hiya heard exams arent crazy, did u go to the open evening virtualy? that gave more info on it i gather x
Original post by sixthformapp
hiya heard exams arent crazy, did u go to the open evening virtualy? that gave more info on it i gather x

No I didn't go...
Did I miss anything?
Original post by Maria_Cherry
There isn't much info about this and I am worried about the entrance exams and interviews coming up.
but I am not sure about what I want to do for A-levels; I just want to pick the easiest subjects for me to do for the exam then maybe I can change my choices.
I really want to get into the school so any advice on the entrance exams, interviews or sixth form applications will be much appreciated!
Thank you<3

one thing i will say is do NOT do what u just said and just take the “easiest” exams only to switch. They will see right through u and that is so disrespectful to other candidates + there are many ways they can find out these things. Take what you intend to take for A levels/IB and don’t change more than 2 subjects because you really aren’t guaranteed your choices there are many combinations that work on the timetable so don’t assume u can just cheat the system it will come back to bite u
If you change your mentality on “taking the easiest subject exams” i would be more than happy to help u out and give advice with the exam. I took and passed it but ended up going to another private school
Why r u so angry haha !!
Why r u so angry haha !!

Because it’s a bit rich to think oh i ll apply strategically and change after. There are so many things wrong with that haha !!
Original post by buoynancy
Because it’s a bit rich to think oh i ll apply strategically and change after. There are so many things wrong with that haha !!

Ok everyone is entitled to their own opinions, did u get into nlcs ?
Ok everyone is entitled to their own opinions, did u get into nlcs ?

Yes I did, which i already said haha !! I’m going to a well-known private skl in central london (not gonna name names) but i wanted to go there more as it was mixed + offered boarding so yh im not talking out of my ass
Original post by buoynancy
Yes I did, which i already said haha !! I’m going to a well-known private skl in central london (not gonna name names) but i wanted to go there more as it was mixed + offered boarding so yh im not talking out of my ass

congrats x
(Original post by Maria_Cherry)There isn'much info about this and I am worried about the entrance exams and interviews coming up.
Thank you<3

Original post by Maria_Cherry
Thank you<3

I’m also applying I’m SO SCARED- taking exams tomorrow
Guys i havent heard yet whos got an interview
I legit havent heard and wveroje has got an interview im so scaredd omggg my lats name is b
i got one but they should email you regardless of whether you got in or not

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending