The Student Room Group

Depressed about my education

I'm so worried and lost. I don't think my university teachers want me to resit my final year.

I'm so nervous because the modules start soon and no one from uni has got in touch with me.

I have no idea what's going on. I failed my final year and was supposed to graduate in 2020.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm so worried and lost. I don't think my university teachers want me to resit my final year.

I'm so nervous because the modules start soon and no one from uni has got in touch with me.

I have no idea what's going on. I failed my final year and was supposed to graduate in 2020.

Hi there,
I'm sure this is not the case, have you had any contact from the university at all about re-enrolling or confirming your timetable?
Your admissions department should be able to assist you if you're not getting a response from your tutors.
Please do not give up and do explore every contact option you have. Whether it's social media or getting in touch with the Dean of the faculty, there is always support in place for students :smile:

try calling or email them. what were you studying?

If you haven't heard anything, you need to take the initiative to contact your personal tutor/course lead/administrator to ask what's going on.

Hi,

Try and get in touch with someone at the uni such as your tutors or the admission department, and once you do this hopefully someone will be able to provide you with an update regarding your situation.

Good luck!

Zaira :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by hallamstudents
Hi,

Try and get in touch with someone at the uni such as your tutors or the admission department, and once you do this hopefully someone will be able to provide you with an update regarding your situation.

Good luck!

Thanks I just contacted the admission department by email but I didn't know what to write and I'm worried I came across as rude and entitled
Reply 6

Have you had any support from elsewhere in the University, Counselling, Mental Health Advisors, anyone like that?

You could share your concerns with them.

Has whatever caused you problems in the last academic year been resolved, by the way?
Thanks I just contacted the admission department by email but I didn't know what to write and I'm worried I came across as rude and entitled

Hey,

Try not to think about the email now, as the main thing is you have sent it. I hope they get back to you soon!

All the best :smile:

You have the chance to pick yourself up and o really well. I got a 2.2 from a top uni and it has basically ruined my life. Get that 2.1 or 1st!!!!!
You have the chance to pick yourself up and o really well. I got a 2.2 from a top uni and it has basically ruined my life. Get that 2.1 or 1st!!!!!

What subject did you study
Original post by hallamstudents
Hey,

Try not to think about the email now, as the main thing is you have sent it. I hope they get back to you soon!

All the best :smile:

Hey,
After I sent the email the reply I got was that I need to contact my head module leader and my personal tutor. but I'm extremely scared and nervous to do this because of what they will think. I don't know what to tell them or what to say. Semester 1 has already started 😢😢

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending