The Student Room Group

I hate my bed in my student accommodation?

I really hate my bed in our new student house, it is way worse than the bed I had in first year. Granted, it is a double bed so I guess I shouldn’t be complaining .

The problems are it has the cheapest frame and creaks whenever I even slightly move in the bed, another problem is it’s tiny - it’s tinier than the one in halls and is JUST ABOUT a double bed. It also has no head board so it’s against the wall and all my pillows fall down.

I know kt sounds silly but with this whole covid business I’m obviously going to spend a lot more time in my room and the bed just isn’t comfy and it’s depressing me—it’s gotten to the point I’m looking at beds for sale online lol but i don’t think I’m allowed to bring a new bed into the room, or can I?
Original post by beneficialgirl
I really hate my bed in our new student house, it is way worse than the bed I had in first year. Granted, it is a double bed so I guess I shouldn’t be complaining .

The problems are it has the cheapest frame and creaks whenever I even slightly move in the bed, another problem is it’s tiny - it’s tinier than the one in halls and is JUST ABOUT a double bed. It also has no head board so it’s against the wall and all my pillows fall down.

I know kt sounds silly but with this whole covid business I’m obviously going to spend a lot more time in my room and the bed just isn’t comfy and it’s depressing me—it’s gotten to the point I’m looking at beds for sale online lol but i don’t think I’m allowed to bring a new bed into the room, or can I?

Hey @beneficialgirl!

If I were you I would contact the landlord to see if they can do anything to improve your bed - either by getting a headboard for it or changing the bed itself
If the landlord won't do this then you could ask if you can buy your own bed and if they can store the other one elsewhere?

If they won't take it away for you then the only other option would be to dismantle the bed and store it elsewhere in the house if you have space and rebuild it at the end of your tenancy

But definitely make the landlord aware of your intentions and see if they can do anything to help

I hope this helps!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
Original post by beneficialgirl

Hi!
Ikea has a great mattress topper, it's amazing, you should have a look.
Sooooo worth it, you might not find a solution for the rest but at least you will sleep well!
Good luck 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending