The Student Room Group

A Level Resit

Hi so i'm not sure if anyone will find and respond to this but i need help with revising for my resits :frown: I am resitting edexcel eng lit (othello ernest hmt frankenstein larkin poetry) and AQA sociology. if anyone has done these subjects please give me tips on how you revised cos i really cant afford to get *****y grades again :frown:((
Reply 1
Original post by flatlinejb
Hi so i'm not sure if anyone will find and respond to this but i need help with revising for my resits :frown: I am resitting edexcel eng lit (othello ernest hmt frankenstein larkin poetry) and AQA sociology. if anyone has done these subjects please give me tips on how you revised cos i really cant afford to get *****y grades again :frown:((

i didn’t do any of the subjects you said unfortunately, but one of my biggest tips for revision is quizlet!!

idk about you but i was a HUGE procrastinator and i was very lazy too (a bad combo for an a level student i know) but then i discovered how you could join other people’s classes and groups where they have already made revision resources for you. for some classes you do have to ask for permission to join (for example if it’s a private class from another school) but within a week or so they’ll accept you in even if you don’t attend that college.

it ready helped me, i went from a C/D student to an A grade student, bc there are so many varieties of revision resources, so if you don’t like how the info is laid out in one flash card, try another account and so on until you find one that you like.

i hope this helps even a little bit, sorry if not but i wish you the best of luck you’ll
smash the exams!! c:
Reply 2
Original post by jiminnn
i didn’t do any of the subjects you said unfortunately, but one of my biggest tips for revision is quizlet!!

idk about you but i was a HUGE procrastinator and i was very lazy too (a bad combo for an a level student i know) but then i discovered how you could join other people’s classes and groups where they have already made revision resources for you. for some classes you do have to ask for permission to join (for example if it’s a private class from another school) but within a week or so they’ll accept you in even if you don’t attend that college.

it ready helped me, i went from a C/D student to an A grade student, bc there are so many varieties of revision resources, so if you don’t like how the info is laid out in one flash card, try another account and so on until you find one that you like.

i hope this helps even a little bit, sorry if not but i wish you the best of luck you’ll
smash the exams!! c:

hey thank you so much for this i really appreciate it! how exactly do i join these classes? I feel like it'd help me a lot too
Reply 3
hey thank you so much for this i really appreciate it! how exactly do i join these classes? I feel like it'd help me a lot too

usually what i’d do is search up a topic alone with my exam board and subject name, click on the ‘classes’ section and then find a group that is posting relevant information and then there should be a join button section somewhere
Reply 4
Original post by jiminnn

smash the exams!! c:

after having talked to a friend who also did aqa sociology and received an A. she suggested that you make mindmaps/information bubbles on a3 paper if you have time, they really helped her in retaining information, this is what she said:

“so say that have a topic on functionalists theories about the family, they would surely have a power point about it. and on each like sub topic, summarise the information, and only have the important stuff, cause there is a load of s**t that isn’t really needed at all”

i don’t know if this be of any use but i hope you find something that works for you!!

Quick Reply

Latest