Emergency - How to get an A* in AS Chem on one day's revision?

Watch
AnaaaElec
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Right, a bit of backstory - I'm currently in Year 13, and due to the pandemic situation, our school has downgraded some UCAS grades due to insufficient evidence to give them higher grades. As a result, on EXTREMELY short notice, I have to take an exam this Friday to determine my predicted chemistry grade.

I'm really hoping for an A* in terms of my uni application, but this means I have to nail all of AS Chem in what is essentially one day, and I have to do it all ready for a paper on Friday which I know nothing about. Any immediate tips or tricks? My weakest area by far is organic, and my current grade is an A, so I know I can pass, but I need to up my grade beyond that boundary to get what I need.

Any help is much appreciated - thank you!
Cov3rt
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If i was you, just do the past papers from the specimen onwards. Any topics which bring you down go over, but the period of time is quite limiting. I'd spend tmr working through the papers
Kerzen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AnaaaElec)
Right, a bit of backstory - I'm currently in Year 13, and due to the pandemic situation, our school has downgraded some UCAS grades due to insufficient evidence to give them higher grades. As a result, on EXTREMELY short notice, I have to take an exam this Friday to determine my predicted chemistry grade.

I'm really hoping for an A* in terms of my uni application, but this means I have to nail all of AS Chem in what is essentially one day, and I have to do it all ready for a paper on Friday which I know nothing about. Any immediate tips or tricks? My weakest area by far is organic, and my current grade is an A, so I know I can pass, but I need to up my grade beyond that boundary to get what I need.

Which board?
hajima
Badges: 18
Report 4 weeks ago

Do not write notes or make revision materials, literally just do every AS paper you can find for your spec - topics you're doing weakly on in a recurring pattern you need to go over your notes for (can be just reading it and then testing yourself by covering it up or doing a couple of questions open book), before blowing through questions specifically on that topic which you can find on Physics & Maths Tutor. Rinse and repeat and then pray.
Last edited by hajima; 4 weeks ago
AnaaaElec
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Kerzen)
Which board?
AQA
Kerzen
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
AQA
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scie...ment-resources
Kerzen
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

How did it go?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (102)
13.32%
I'm not sure (32)
4.18%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (237)
30.94%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.48%
I'm not a current university student (376)
49.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed