How can i actually get a better life

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I've been sat throughout lockdown watching my friends do extremely well heading off to university and going on to apprenticeships where undoubtedly they will go on and be successful. Also, they are making lots of new friends and forming relationships. Meanwhile, I'm sat here with nothing going for me and I'm going nowhere I now don't have anyone to turn to so I'm not even sure what to do no one actually cares about me anymore so I genuinely don't see a point in life I'm at a dead-end and I'm not sure what I can do to move forward
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Get a job, see where that leads you, if that's nowhere good you may consider returning to education later on down the line. Not ideal but you have to do something, you can't just sit around.
shebk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Don't you go to university?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by shebk)
Don't you go to university?
Nope I'm at College
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ROTL94)
Get a job, see where that leads you, if that's nowhere good you may consider returning to education later on down the line. Not ideal but you have to do something, you can't just sit around.
Cheers mate ill give that a bash
V℮rsions
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If you're at college you're not at a dead end, just a year behind them. You'll be fine.
Analyst89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've been sat throughout lockdown watching my friends do extremely well heading off to university and going on to apprenticeships where undoubtedly they will go on and be successful. Also, they are making lots of new friends and forming relationships. Meanwhile, I'm sat here with nothing going for me and I'm going nowhere I now don't have anyone to turn to so I'm not even sure what to do no one actually cares about me anymore so I genuinely don't see a point in life I'm at a dead-end and I'm not sure what I can do to move forward
Have you got an ambition? Work towards it and keep trying. You can do things that make you happy and partake in your hobbies.

You are young and you can be successful if you put your mind to it.

If you branch out, you can make friends by joining clubs, activities, etc.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
“Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.“

Think of where you want to be in life right now and work towards it, living and believing that it will 100% happen.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (46)
16.03%
I'm not sure (8)
2.79%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (100)
34.84%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.39%
I'm not a current university student (129)
44.95%

Watched Threads