The Student Room Group

Not attracted to the guys on apps

Gay guy here. Obviously with the current situation, it's kinda difficult to be out and about meeting people in the "old fashioned" way. I never thought I'd reduce myself to going on apps but here we are I guess.

I signed up for a few apps and to put it bluntly, I'm not attracted to the guys on there. However, it feels like using apps are my only option to find a relationship at the moment so I feel between a rock and a hard place. I've been single all of my life and really want a relationship but it just isn't working at the moment.

How can I improve my situation?
Wow!
There are so many relationship questions tonight, you could almost think that they had all been posted by the same person.

Have you tried going to bars? Does your uni have an LGBT club (assuming you go to uni)?
Original post by glassalice
Wow!
There are so many relationship questions tonight, you could almost think that they had all been posted by the same person.

Have you tried going to bars? Does your uni have an LGBT club (assuming you go to uni)?

Clearly a plethora of lonely singletons at the moment!

I don't drink plus with COVID, I haven't yet got to a bar. My uni does have an LGBT society but I don't know if they are meeting ATM.
I was going to say just meet people out and about when I read the title, but I suppose that is a lot harder when you are gay unless you specifically go to LGBT bars/clubs.
Reply 4
Original post by TheSagittarius
How can I improve my situation?

be less picky.

there must hundreds of other gays for you to choose from and you can't find one?
Original post by ANM775
be less picky.

there must hundreds of other gays for you to choose from and you can't find one?

What's the point in a relationship with someone who I'm not interested in? It's never going to work out in the long term. I'm hardly crazy picky. The only thing I'm properly picky about is that I would not date anyone even a day younger, he has to be older by a bit (not like a decade though).

Problem might be that I'm not really into British guys (especially not the ones here in Scotland). Give me a continental European any day (especially a Scandinavian).
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I was going to say just meet people out and about when I read the title, but I suppose that is a lot harder when you are gay unless you specifically go to LGBT bars/clubs.

And when a pandemic is happening meaning that places aren't always open....
What apps are you using?
Original post by leopard202
What apps are you using?

OKCupid and looked at a couple of others (CMB & Bumble).
Original post by TheSagittarius
OKCupid and looked at a couple of others (CMB & Bumble).

To be honest Hinge is quite good, I think apps can vary a lot. It doesn’t have as many people on it but the ones there have more personality and are decent looking as a whole. Not like tinder where you go through hundreds to no avail
Original post by leopard202
To be honest Hinge is quite good, I think apps can vary a lot. It doesn’t have as many people on it but the ones there have more personality and are decent looking as a whole. Not like tinder where you go through hundreds to no avail

Thanks for the suggestion for Hinge. Can only imagine that Tinder is hard work!

Quick Reply