Not attracted to the guys on apps

Watch
TheSagittarius
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Gay guy here. Obviously with the current situation, it's kinda difficult to be out and about meeting people in the "old fashioned" way. I never thought I'd reduce myself to going on apps but here we are I guess.

I signed up for a few apps and to put it bluntly, I'm not attracted to the guys on there. However, it feels like using apps are my only option to find a relationship at the moment so I feel between a rock and a hard place. I've been single all of my life and really want a relationship but it just isn't working at the moment.

How can I improve my situation?
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Wow!
There are so many relationship questions tonight, you could almost think that they had all been posted by the same person.

Have you tried going to bars? Does your uni have an LGBT club (assuming you go to uni)?
TheSagittarius
Rep:
?
(Original post by glassalice)
Wow!
There are so many relationship questions tonight, you could almost think that they had all been posted by the same person.

Have you tried going to bars? Does your uni have an LGBT club (assuming you go to uni)?
Clearly a plethora of lonely singletons at the moment!

I don't drink plus with COVID, I haven't yet got to a bar. My uni does have an LGBT society but I don't know if they are meeting ATM.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
I was going to say just meet people out and about when I read the title, but I suppose that is a lot harder when you are gay unless you specifically go to LGBT bars/clubs.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TheSagittarius)
How can I improve my situation?

be less picky.

there must hundreds of other gays for you to choose from and you can't find one?
TheSagittarius
Rep:
?
(Original post by ANM775)
be less picky.

there must hundreds of other gays for you to choose from and you can't find one?
What's the point in a relationship with someone who I'm not interested in? It's never going to work out in the long term. I'm hardly crazy picky. The only thing I'm properly picky about is that I would not date anyone even a day younger, he has to be older by a bit (not like a decade though).

Problem might be that I'm not really into British guys (especially not the ones here in Scotland). Give me a continental European any day (especially a Scandinavian).
Last edited by TheSagittarius; 4 weeks ago
TheSagittarius
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
I was going to say just meet people out and about when I read the title, but I suppose that is a lot harder when you are gay unless you specifically go to LGBT bars/clubs.
And when a pandemic is happening meaning that places aren't always open....
leopard202
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What apps are you using?
TheSagittarius
Rep:
?
(Original post by leopard202)
What apps are you using?
OKCupid and looked at a couple of others (CMB & Bumble).
leopard202
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TheSagittarius)
OKCupid and looked at a couple of others (CMB & Bumble).
To be honest Hinge is quite good, I think apps can vary a lot. It doesn’t have as many people on it but the ones there have more personality and are decent looking as a whole. Not like tinder where you go through hundreds to no avail
TheSagittarius
Rep:
?
(Original post by leopard202)
To be honest Hinge is quite good, I think apps can vary a lot. It doesn’t have as many people on it but the ones there have more personality and are decent looking as a whole. Not like tinder where you go through hundreds to no avail
Thanks for the suggestion for Hinge. Can only imagine that Tinder is hard work!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (102)
13.37%
I'm not sure (32)
4.19%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (237)
31.06%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.36%
I'm not a current university student (374)
49.02%

Watched Threads