Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Where could I take my mum in London where we could spend the day without getting lost?
sophspark
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Where could I take my mum in London where we could spend the day without getting lost?
Any cute little Cafès? As long as you plan the journey you won’t get lost.
becausethenight
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What do you guys like?

You could probably spend most of a day in the British Musuem, V&A or Science Museum and they're all very well signposted from the nearby tube and bus routes. Or somewhere like Kew Gardens is gorgeous and obviously enclosed and has maps! Realistically though you won't get lost if you plan your journey and use Google Maps etc. There are also lots of street maps.
Raymondsantos
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Go Brixton. It's actually gentrified now and has nice marketplaces and restaurants.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sophspark)
Any cute little Cafès? As long as you plan the journey you won’t get lost.
Thank you.

(Original post by becausethenight)
What do you guys like?

You could probably spend most of a day in the British Musuem, V&A or Science Museum and they're all very well signposted from the nearby tube and bus routes. Or somewhere like Kew Gardens is gorgeous and obviously enclosed and has maps! Realistically though you won't get lost if you plan your journey and use Google Maps etc. There are also lots of street maps.
My mums Asian and I just want to take her on a day out so we wouldn't go to museums and stuff. Kew Gardens seems like a nice idea though thank you so much.

(Original post by Raymondsantos)
Go Brixton. It's actually gentrified now and has nice marketplaces and restaurants.
Thank you.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
South Kensington's a nice area, it's got the museums, nice restaurants and close to Hyde Park.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Sinnoh)
South Kensington's a nice area, it's got the museums, nice restaurants and close to Hyde Park.
I'm from Birmingham and I'm looking at places to go in London and all of them you have to talk like 3 trains and 2 buses they're all so far
V℮rsions
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm from Birmingham
Big up to you
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm from Birmingham and I'm looking at places to go in London and all of them you have to talk like 3 trains and 2 buses they're all so far
nah not really if you're staying central
Raymondsantos
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
London is a big city. Sometimes you got to make that trek.
shortgirl96
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There are many cafes, restaurants, pubs and bars in London. What is your budget and taste? If you enjoy seeing scenic London views, then the Shard is a good restaurant to dine at. Use TripAdvisor to narrow down your options for eating out, there are filters on the site to use. Alternatively make a list of eateries.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.52%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (355)
29.29%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.68%

Watched Threads