The Student Room Group

A levels

I’ve started doing a levels geography (AQA) Spanish (edexcel) and English lit (ocr). Does anyone have any tips or experience with these a levels? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
I attained an A* in English Lirerature - different exam board but same premise. Make sure you start to learn quotations and techniques early; there are always far more than you think. Don't neglect structure and if possible apply suitable terminology, for instance when discussing tragedy make mention of how the tragic hero's hubris leads to peripeteia. Do practise papers for any unseen element your course may have - all the reading in the world won't cover anything they could ask so your time is better spent honing exam technique here. If you have coursework, don't do what I did and leave it to the last minute. That's all I can think of for now, but do feel free to message me if you would like any help (we may have some texts in common?). Best of luck.
Reply 2
Original post by Aleandra
I attained an A* in English Lirerature - different exam board but same premise. Make sure you start to learn quotations and techniques early; there are always far more than you think. Don't neglect structure and if possible apply suitable terminology, for instance when discussing tragedy make mention of how the tragic hero's hubris leads to peripeteia. Do practise papers for any unseen element your course may have - all the reading in the world won't cover anything they could ask so your time is better spent honing exam technique here. If you have coursework, don't do what I did and leave it to the last minute. That's all I can think of for now, but do feel free to message me if you would like any help (we may have some texts in common?). Best of luck.

Ok thanks !!
Reply 3
Anyone else ?
Reply 4
Original post by Aleandra

I’m doing hamlet streetcar and idk what else

Quick Reply

Latest