joe283364
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello all, I am an American applying to the Cambridge Econ program along with LSE Math/Econ and am wondering how Cambridge stands in terms of mathematics in its Econ program. I have read the course papers and am slightly concerned. In the US many Econ students take higher-level proof-based math classes (Harvard's math 25/55) and then have their intermediate classes near the graduate level, such as Ec 1011a at Harvard with Ed Glaeser, which many students take when they're second years, but some take in their first year. How close is a school like Cambridge to offering an undergrad course like this at this level, and would Cambridge offer enough of a foundation to go on and pursue a PhD at a place such as Harvard with a first class degree? The main allure of Cambridge is the better quality of teaching for those of you wondering, as in the US some professors don't even have set office hours.
Thanks in advance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (191)
29.52%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.38%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.96%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.35%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.88%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.78%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.87%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.25%

Watched Threads