Fjordsarenice
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey,

'For 2021 entry, Colleges will normally require transcripts only for applicants who have not taken six or more GCSEs, or five or more Scottish National Qualifications, in the last three years.'

I took over 6 GCSEs in Aug 2017 and now its Sep 2020, 3 years have narrowly passed and I'm applying to Cambridge now, so does this mean I have to upload a High School Transcript?

If so my questions are:

1) What is a 'Student Number' as stated on the transcript, is it UCAS Personal ID Number?

2) I noticed although the transcript is required if you haven't taken GCSEs within three years, it asks for 'record of your academic achievement to date in your high school/college examinations, usually for the previous year of your study.'

So if I've gone to a separate secondary school (high school) and college (16-18 sixth form) would I have to email both institutions for a high school transcript? Or if the Sixth form I moved to has a record of my GCSE grades can they simply state them, and confirm.

3) on this link :
It states:
https://www.undergraduate.study.cam....b_students.pdf

"Please provide any relevant background information about your school/college, if appropriate, in the box
below."
What such 'background information' is relevant?
kewurfwkmefhvbk
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Fjordsarenice)
1) What is a 'Student Number' as stated on the transcript, is it UCAS Personal ID Number?
Yes
kewurfwkmefhvbk
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Fjordsarenice)
2) I noticed although the transcript is required if you haven't taken GCSEs within three years, it asks for 'record of your academic achievement to date in your high school/college examinations, usually for the previous year of your study.'

So if I've gone to a separate secondary school (high school) and college (16-18 sixth form) would I have to email both institutions for a high school transcript? Or if the Sixth form I moved to has a record of my GCSE grades can they simply state them, and confirm.
Either probably fine but if you're not sure, ask the College you are applying to?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (190)
29.41%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.41%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.98%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.36%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.89%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.81%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.88%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.25%

Watched Threads