aswarola8
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So the fan in my 4th generation Dell Latitude E5430 stopped working. After taking it in to be replaced, the repair man told me the the fuse that powers the fan was fried and he couldn't do anything to fix it. He recommended just buying a new computer.I know that running a computer without a working fan isn't the smartest thing to do but this laptop is amazing and I intend to use it for as long as it powers up. I don't plan on getting a new laptop until college so it only has to last a little longer, though I would like it to last for as long as possible.Right now, I elevate it and have a fan blowing cool air on it whenever I power it up. It works, it keeps the temperatures nice and low but it is really loud, bulky, and awkward. My dad said that the best bet was to buy a cooling pad for it. I have looked around on Amazon and most of the reviews are a little iffy. After looking around on here for recommendations, most just said they weren't worth it and elevating the laptop works just as well if not better.Obviously, they probably have an actually functioning fan.If anyone knows of a laptop cooling pad, or anything else that can cool a PC, that actually works, I would love to know.
Joy L
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by aswarola8)
So the fan in my 4th generation Dell Latitude E5430 stopped working. After taking it in to be replaced, the repair man told me the the fuse that powers the fan was fried and he couldn't do anything to fix it. He recommended just buying a new computer.I know that running a computer without a working fan isn't the smartest thing to do but this laptop is amazing and I intend to use it for as long as it powers up. I don't plan on getting a new laptop until college so it only has to last a little longer, though I would like it to last for as long as possible.Right now, I elevate it and have a fan blowing cool air on it whenever I power it up. It works, it keeps the temperatures nice and low but it is really loud, bulky, and awkward. My dad said that the best bet was to buy a cooling pad for it. I have looked around on Amazon and most of the reviews are a little iffy. After looking around on here for recommendations, most just said they weren't worth it and elevating the laptop works just as well if not better.Obviously, they probably have an actually functioning fan.If anyone knows of a laptop cooling pad, or anything else that can cool a PC, that actually works, I would love to know.
my cousin had the same problem with his dell, he put a placemat in the fridge for like 2 hours then take it out and put the laptop on top of that when it used to get hot
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by aswarola8)
Was this a third party repair service or Dell themselves? Because im 99.999% sure laptop fans don't have anything resembling a fuse (fuses are likely to be on the components serving the power like the power supply or motherboard), and even if they did the fan in your laptop is easily removeable and replaceable with a relatively standard plug.
AcseI
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Gofre)
Was this a third party repair service or Dell themselves? Because im 99.999% sure laptop fans don't have anything resembling a fuse (fuses are likely to be on the components serving the power like the power supply or motherboard), and even if they did the fan in your laptop is easily removeable and replaceable with a relatively standard plug.
I'll add that missing 0.001%

Fans don't have fuses.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (46)
15.97%
I'm not sure (8)
2.78%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (100)
34.72%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.39%
I'm not a current university student (130)
45.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed