Not attending online lectures

Watch
Kjst600
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
In my class there around 200 + people.. do lectures have an online system in which they know who actually attends the lecture??? I cant watch the 9am one tomorrow as I have an appointment..but the recording is available so I will watch that. Will not attending it live effect my attendance?
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you have an appointment it wouldnt have affected your attendance even if the lecture had been face to face - providing you logged it on the attendance system
If your uni doesnt have an attendance system for online lectures i would send a short email to yoir lecturer just saying hi i cant make it i have an appointment but i will catch up online afterwards.
I doubt not going would affect anything but its just the polite thing to do and you have it on record then if anything happens
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you're already at university then why did you spam post about whether or not you should do IR?
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kjst600)
In my class there around 200 + people.. do lectures have an online system in which they know who actually attends the lecture??? I cant watch the 9am one tomorrow as I have an appointment..but the recording is available so I will watch that. Will not attending it live effect my attendance?
Hi!

I think it depends on your university as some will be using live lectures but others are pre recorded. I would assume that your attendance won't be affected as usually for face to face lectures you have to tap in using your card whereas I'm unsure if attendance can be monitored online with such a large scale of students attending. You won't have to contact your lecturer about missing it as you will be catching up and watching the recording available so won't be missing out on anything, but you could always message them after if there's anything you don't understand from the lecture.

Hope this helps! Sam- Official Student Rep
Ramipril
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If there's no register, they won't care. You're just another student number to them.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
If you're already at university then why did you spam post about whether or not you should do IR?
None of your business
RV3112
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kjst600)
It depends what platform they are using to deliver the lecture. On the platform my uni is using, we can download an attendance list. We are also able to see who views the recording and how much of it is viewed.

Check your uni's/ the module's policy on attendance. Most won't monitor it that closely for a class of 200+ students. If you are really concerned, send the lecturer a quick e-mail explaining the situation. I doubt missing one lecture is going to be an issue.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (172)
14.64%
I'm not sure (54)
4.6%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (344)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.98%
I'm not a current university student (570)
48.51%

Watched Threads