GotAQQuestion
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,

I am a bit confused on what the entry requirements that Glasgow mention are for graduates.

"The Dental School considers applications from graduates who have a 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent (eg GPA of 3.0 or above) in a relevant subject, and must demonstrate the equivalence of Chemistry and Biology (Grade A, A Level/Higher) and Maths or Physics (Grade B, GCSE/Higher) obtained within the last 6 years. These qualifications can be evidenced through the degree transcript or from prior qualifications."

Does this mean I have to get just a 2.1 in my biomedical science degree as it demonstrates chemistry and biology ?

Or do I need a 2.1 in my biomedical science degree plus an A in chemistry and A in biology A level plus B in maths GCSE?
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by GotAQQuestion)
Does this mean I have to get just a 2.1 in my biomedical science degree as it demonstrates chemistry and biology ?
They will look at the degree transcripts of each applicant to determine if there is enough BIO/CHEM/MATHS/PHYS content to meet those requirements. If you are doing BioChem at undergrad, I would imagine that would meet their requirements, yes.
GotAQQuestion
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Admit-One)
They will look at the degree transcripts of each applicant to determine if there is enough BIO/CHEM/MATHS/PHYS content to meet those requirements. If you are doing BioChem at undergrad, I would imagine that would meet their requirements, yes.
Thanks for your reply!

I've emailed them to ask further
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (57)
14.88%
I'm not sure (14)
3.66%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (130)
33.94%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.57%
I'm not a current university student (176)
45.95%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed