Mental health - I keep trying to go to but I dont in the end.

Watch
Watson24
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello,

I'm trying to go to my uni classes but I'm falling horribly due to anxiety.

Please help, I feel pathetic.
Last edited by Watson24; 3 weeks ago
Conniegirx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hang in there! Have you tried reaching out to Student Support (/wellbeing support) that is provided at your university? It might be a good first step.
Conniegirx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by glassalice)
I am sorry that are feeling this way. However, this isn't an appropriate place to talk about direct suicide risk, you may inadvertently make other members very distressed.

Please consider calling samritans on 116 123, they are very very good, I have called them myself in the past.
If you feel like you are at direct risk, call 999. It's okay to do that, you wouldn't be wasting anyones time.

Finally it might be a good idea to make an appointment with your GP.
I did not get that at all in his post! He states that he keeps trying to go to his uni classes but does not due to anxiety. However, if that is truly the case, please contact Samaritans on 116 123 as soon as possible.
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Talk to your uni services as mentioned above. If you need help such as extensions it would be good to have them in place before it got to that.
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Conniegirx)
I did not get that at all in his post! He states that he keeps trying to go to his uni classes but does not due to anxiety. However, if that is truly the case, please contact Samaritans on 116 123 as soon as possible.
I am really sorry for that. I completely miss read the title.
Watson24
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Conniegirx)
Hang in there! Have you tried reaching out to Student Support (/wellbeing support) that is provided at your university? It might be a good first step.
Yeah I did this last year but nobody really help apart from myself. Cheers though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (33)
16.1%
I'm not sure (8)
3.9%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (72)
35.12%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.46%
I'm not a current university student (89)
43.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed