gso4509
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i’m in y11 rn and i’m defo picking english language and psychology. both of these i’m currently doing at gcse. however i want to pick sociology despite having not done it before (i’m planning to do some study prior to a levels for this). is picking a brand new subject okay? my back up option instead of sociology would be biology but i don’t actually want to do that. what should i do?
munknown
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by gso4509)
i’m in y11 rn and i’m defo picking english language and psychology. both of these i’m currently doing at gcse. however i want to pick sociology despite having not done it before (i’m planning to do some study prior to a levels for this). is picking a brand new subject okay? my back up option instead of sociology would be biology but i don’t actually want to do that. what should i do?
hi, i did sociology and psychology with no previous learning of the subject and found them great subjects and was able to cope. you should be fine as long as you keep on top of your work. i wouldn’t recommend doing a subject you don’t 100% you want to do as it will effect how much time and effort you put in. hope this helps!
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by gso4509)
Hey gso4509!

You most definitely can pick up a new subject at A-level if its something that you're interested in
My school didn't offer psychology at GCSE but they did at A-level so I decided to start a new subject as I wasn't as interested in any other subjects

I'd say go for it, as long as you have researched what you'll be learning and you know how you will be assessed.

Good luck in your GCSEs and A-levels

Eloise - Official Student Rep
MadameRazz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i did psychology at a level despite not doing it at gcse. its perfectly fine to do a new subject. sociology and psychology compliment each other very well.
Last edited by MadameRazz; 4 weeks ago
cherryxberry
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Plenty of people do sociology not having don’t it before so you’ll be fine and tbh it’s a pretty easy subject in my humble opinion you should pick it up fairly quickly
gso4509
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
thank you everyone!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (90)
14.04%
I'm not sure (30)
4.68%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (203)
31.67%
I have already dropped out (14)
2.18%
I'm not a current university student (304)
47.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise