jojo907
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi, so I’ve started my second year of mechanical engineering at coventry uni, and the situation isn’t the best, I don’t feel like I’m able to make friends and study well especially considering first year was a struggle for me too. I was thinking of dropping out of second year to take a gap year but if I did what would happen to my sfe fees and accommodation fees, Would I be able to start uni in the next year again as a second year or would I not be able to keep my first year credits.

Other than that, I was thinking of returning in second year to a different uni, my grades were good for first year, and I’ve heard mechanical engineering degrees are pretty universal for the first year.

thank you for any help, I really appreciate it thank you
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jojo907)
Hi, so I’ve started my second year of mechanical engineering at coventry uni, and the situation isn’t the best, I don’t feel like I’m able to make friends and study well especially considering first year was a struggle for me too. I was thinking of dropping out of second year to take a gap year but if I did what would happen to my sfe fees and accommodation fees, Would I be able to start uni in the next year again as a second year or would I not be able to keep my first year credits.

Other than that, I was thinking of returning in second year to a different uni, my grades were good for first year, and I’ve heard mechanical engineering degrees are pretty universal for the first year.

You need to act quickly or your second year fees will kick in. Have you looked into a transfer to somewhere like Oxford Brookes and do you want to pause your studies for a year?

See a tutor today and student services to find out what is possible.
161BMW
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Think about your long term goals and how mech eng will help you.
Focus on that.

Picture yourself doing well.
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jojo907)

Hi Jojo907,

Your credits from the first year will be carried over so should you wish to pause your course, you will not lose them on your return to campus.

You need to notify student finance that you pause your course. I recommend contacting your tutor and discuss your options as soon as possible. I hope you find it helpful.

Kind regards,

Monika
Coventry Campus
LLB International Law
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (195)
29.77%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (109)
16.64%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.85%
I want to meet current students (55)
8.4%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.79%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.54%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.8%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.21%

Watched Threads