Cristian101
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I am doing Business Management with Foundation Year (4years) passed fundation year but failed 1 module in year 1 and again failed 1 unit in retake year. Although I am dissapointed in my results I want to continue. I am in need of advice on how to procede further with sfe. I have already taken a retake year , what are my options ? Thank you
Advertisement
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Cristian101)
I am doing Business Management with Foundation Year (4years) passed fundation year but failed 1 module in year 1 and again failed 1 unit in retake year. Although I am dissapointed in my results I want to continue. I am in need of advice on how to procede further with sfe. I have already taken a retake year , what are my options ? Thank you
When you failed did they ask you to retake or resit the year? A retake is where you have to do the course all over again and a resit is just the exam and no lectures.

It sounds to me like you should never have done a foundation course and gone to college instead.

Why did you fail? Were there any exceptional circumstances health or personal reasons?
What has the uni offered you? If they have offered a resit, just pay the small sum for the resit.
If its only a retake, then it looks like you have used up 2 years finance and your only chance is a compelling personal reasons claim.

https://www.solent.ac.uk/finance/doc...y-payments.pdf
Cristian101
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
When you failed did they ask you to retake or resit the year? A retake is where you have to do the course all over again and a resit is just the exam and no lectures.

It sounds to me like you should never have done a foundation course and gone to college instead.

Why did you fail? Were there any exceptional circumstances health or personal reasons?
What has the uni offered you? If they have offered a resit, just pay the small sum for the resit.
If its only a retake, then it looks like you have used up 2 years finance and your only chance is a compelling personal reasons claim.

https://www.solent.ac.uk/finance/doc...y-payments.pdf
Thank you for your answer! I have received an award letter, academic failure. I’ve failed a module, I was supposed to have an exam In may but the university didn’t send any emails no notification, everyone in my class failed to participate because of this , when I asked they said it’s my fault. I had the referral exam on the 25 August online , I’ve done everything. Initially I have received 40% and pass for the exam and after a day it was changed to6%. How is that possible it’s beneath my understanding. No one is answering my emails with proper answers. Not sure if it matters but in the period when I had the exam I was diagnosed with COVID and have a letter to state that but at this point I feel let down by the university and don’t know how to proceed . Should I try and make an appeal ? Would I have any chances?
Advertisement
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Cristian101)
Thank you for your answer! I have received an award letter, academic failure. I’ve failed a module, I was supposed to have an exam In may but the university didn’t send any emails no notification, everyone in my class failed to participate because of this , when I asked they said it’s my fault. I had the referral exam on the 25 August online , I’ve done everything. Initially I have received 40% and pass for the exam and after a day it was changed to6%. How is that possible it’s beneath my understanding. No one is answering my emails with proper answers. Not sure if it matters but in the period when I had the exam I was diagnosed with COVID and have a letter to state that but at this point I feel let down by the university and don’t know how to proceed . Should I try and make an appeal ? Would I have any chances?
I think you should make either an extenuating circumstances claim based on
Illness during the exam at which you can emphasise how badly you were suffering from cv19 at the time.

That may get you the opportunity to resit the exam.
The letter should be offocial confirmation from a GP or medical institution.
You should also seek clarification as to why you went from a pass to 6%.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (47)
15.93%
I'm not sure (8)
2.71%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (101)
34.24%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.36%
I'm not a current university student (135)
45.76%

Watched Threads