Universty Cancelled My Course Just Before It Began, Changing Course Is Dragging On

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So my uni called the day before my course was supposed to begin saying it got cancelled and that I could choose a new course with them. After going through the process with them and submitting all the right forms in a day or 2, I have not recieved any info on it since. All courses began on the 14th and here I am still not transferred to the new course. I emailed them about it several times, even called them, yet still no info. What can I do?
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
What uni is this? Sounds awful.

I'd threaten to complain.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What uni is this? Sounds awful.

I'd threaten to complain.
Coventry Uni.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Oh Ok. Threaten to complain to the Office of the Independent Adjudicator for Higher Education. If they can't offer you a place then they should tell you so you can go to a different university because times running out.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
So my uni called the day before my course was supposed to begin saying it got cancelled and that I could choose a new course with them. After going through the process with them and submitting all the right forms in a day or 2, I have not recieved any info on it since. All courses began on the 14th and here I am still not transferred to the new course. I emailed them about it several times, even called them, yet still no info. What can I do?
Given that the course has already started (or is that Freshers week?), it might be worth contacting via phone or email the head of your school/faculty.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
Given that the course has already started (or is that Freshers week?), it might be worth contacting via phone or email the head of your school/faculty.
I have already contacted them and still nothing.
Ramipril
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The state of so many of the universities in this country. Good grief. What course was it?
PhoenixFortune
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I have already contacted them and still nothing.
Do you mean that they don't pick up or they simply don't know what's going on?
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm sorry that this is happening to you - it's disgraceful.

Have you managed to speak to anyone?
Do you really want to do the new course?
Have you paid for accommodation through he university?
Do you have enough information to attend the new course? If so, do it.
Have you sent a recorded delivery letter to them, putting all this in writing?

If you don't really want to attend another course there, I'd see what options are available elsewhere. Don't feel pressured into accepting something because of their incompetence.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (102)
13.42%
I'm not sure (32)
4.21%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (237)
31.18%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.37%
I'm not a current university student (371)
48.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed