(Original post by BEASTMODEON2)
XPS 13 vs XPS 15 ????
https://www.tomsguide.com/uk/face-of...should-you-buy
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Depends on the particular configurations you're looking at?
AcseI
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
XPS 13 vs XPS 15 ????
Better in what sense? The 13 is smaller and lighter, the 15 is bigger and more powerful.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
They both suck for the majority of student users.

Too expensive. Horribly short-travel keyboards.
Apart from that they do have a nice chassis and good screens.

All in, if you want a flashy looking status symbol and have an excess of money to burn, buy one.
If you want a great tool for typing assignments, web browsing (including watching films), video calls, email, simple spreadsheets, you can get a well engineered (used premium business) laptop for £0 to £250.

Laptop size is a personal choice and will depend how you carry your laptop about. On a bicycle, or walking or public transport = get a 13" or 14" laptop. In the boot of your car = consider a 15".
bIuewolf21
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
XPS 13 vs XPS 15 ????
It's hard to make a comparison based on that alone, but assuming we're talking about the latest models:

The Dell XPS 13 is more compact as a 13" machine compared to the 15" XPS 15, notably lighter at ~1.2kgs compared to ~1.8kgs for the XPS 15, is less powerful with an Ice Lake U-series processor and integrated graphics, compared to the H-series CPUs and dedicated graphics of the 15", and is cheaper starting at £1400 compared to £1600 for the XPS 15.
sanadtw3
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
They both suck for the majority of student users.

Too expensive. Horribly short-travel keyboards.
Apart from that they do have a nice chassis and good screens.

All in, if you want a flashy looking status symbol and have an excess of money to burn, buy one.
If you want a great tool for typing assignments, web browsing (including watching films), video calls, email, simple spreadsheets, you can get a well engineered (used premium business) laptop for £0 to £250.

Laptop size is a personal choice and will depend how you carry your laptop about. On a bicycle, or walking or public transport = get a 13" or 14" laptop. In the boot of your car = consider a 15".
can you give an example of a used premium business laptop for £250
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sanadtw3)
can you give an example of a used premium business laptop for £250
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dell-Lati...wAAOSwRnVfXnhv
AcseI
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
So that's £242, but you don't get a charger and probably need to replace the battery given that it's running 5 year old hardware.
bIuewolf21
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AcseI)
So that's £242, but you don't get a charger and probably need to replace the battery given that it's running 5 year old hardware.
Not to mention that the risk that would come with it not having a charger(i.e. potentially being stolen).
AcseI
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by bIuewolf2l)
Not to mention that the risk that would come with it not having a charger(i.e. potentially being stolen).
Or just accidentally buying the wrong one, or something dodgy, because a lot of people don't know any better. Not to mention I'd hardly call an i5 6200U premium by todays standards.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (94)
13.88%
I'm not sure (32)
4.73%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (214)
31.61%
I have already dropped out (15)
2.22%
I'm not a current university student (322)
47.56%

Watched Threads