Having predicted grades that are too low

Watch
a.plane
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
So I want to apply to a uni that has an entry requirements of AAA.
I was wondering if I actually need predicted grades of AAA or can they be a little lower.

Bacically I was wondering if I can get in with my predicted grades being a little low then working towards the actual entry requirements (AAA) and hopefully getting them.

I probably make no sense so if u don’t understand just tell me and I’ll see if I can explain it again better

Thanks in advance
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by a.plane)
So I want to apply to a uni that has an entry requirements of AAA.
I was wondering if I actually need predicted grades of AAA or can they be a little lower.

Bacically I was wondering if I can get in with my predicted grades being a little low then working towards the actual entry requirements (AAA) and hopefully getting them.

I probably make no sense so if u don’t understand just tell me and I’ll see if I can explain it again better

Thanks in advance
Hi!

Every university is different, so it might be worth asking their admissions team.
They may not initially offer you a place if you predicted grades are a lot lower and purely based off of grades. However, your personal statement can also boost your chances of being offered a place. A good personal statement could help you receive an unconditional offer from a university, which means you wouldn't need to meet the grades. So, it is very likely that you can be offered a place on grades that are a little lower, as this happened to me from a couple of universities. I think you've got a good chance of getting an offer, but do check with the university about what they look for.

I hope this helps and good luck!
Chloe - Official Student Rep
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Its worth risking one choice that is just above your predicted grades (ie. one grade difference and not in a crucial subject) but you should make your other choices more realistic.

Any course asking for AAA can be picky who they accept - they may consider predicted grades below that, but remember that the offer will be AAA and thats what they'll expect in August.

More advice in How to Avoid getting 5 Rejections : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...ity-rejections
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (289)
55.79%
I don't have everything I need (229)
44.21%

Watched Threads