gracelrobineon
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
i’m predicted BBB but all good unis wants AAB-ABB. i know some unis still give offers when they want ABB to BBB students, but does anyone know which unis would?
i think i read somewhere that kent does?
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Look at whatuni.com : https://www.whatuni.com/degree-cours...=law&sort=entd
and enter your grade predictions at 'Enter grades'.
Then check the Uni's own website to double check the exact grade requirements.
historynerd47
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Aberystwyth- Gold TEF ABB-BCC
Aston uni- BBB
Greenwich uni
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by gracelrobineon)
i’m predicted BBB but all good unis wants AAB-ABB. i know some unis still give offers when they want ABB to BBB students, but does anyone know which unis would?
Kent is one that often takes people with around BBB for law, so does Sussex, Surrey, Leicester, Reading and Swansea
UniofGreenwich
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi gracelrobineon

We accept BBB for Law, LLB Hons, 120 UCAS points from A-levels, plus GCSEs in English (language or literature) and mathematics at grade 4 or above (grade C or above under the A*-G system). A-level students should have at least 104 points from A2 A-levels.

Hope this helps
Aberystwyth University Student Ambassador
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hello gracelrobineon

I am a current 2nd year student at Aberystwyth and I am really enjoying it here!

Aberystwyth is a great place to be a student, there is a great feel to the town and there is always plenty to do and see. The University has a very friendly and welcoming feel and has even been named Welsh University of the Year for 2020 in The Sunday Times Good University Guide.

The Law Department at Aberystwyth is the oldest and most established in Wales and we are in the Top 10 in the UK for Student Experience for the subject of Law (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019). Within the degree there are many social and professional opportunities (e.g. isits to Law Fairs and Inns of Court in London) and options to do a work placement module in different areas of law. The course is taught by professionals who are active for large organisations e.g. GRETA, the Country Side Commission for Wales, the Youth Justice Board, the United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights.

The Bar Standards Board and the Solicitors Regulation Authority recognise the degree - providing a direct route into the legal profession.

Looking at the modules offered at each university is a really good way of comparing the courses to see which may interest you more. This is something I did when comparing universities when I applied and helped me make my decision. It may also be worth looking at how each course is assessed, to compare which style of assessment may suit the way you work best. Rankings are useful to look at, but it is also important to think about how the course is suited to your interests and future career goals and the skills you will get from the course. Also looking to see if the courses are accredited may also be useful in comparing courses.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Rebecca 😊
tacobeth
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
do you know if you’re eligible for any contextual requirements? that may help you apply for any uni’s that want ABB
Peter76530
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You’re predicted grades will always go up when you ask btw
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Peter76530)
Not always, it depends on your school as some are flexible about this whereas others are strict
Panjsuce
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Peter76530)
So when you asked they went straight up?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (190)
29.41%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.41%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.98%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.36%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.89%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.81%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.88%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise