HolaNeinoa
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Even though I won’t plagiarise, who examines the assignments and checks for plagiarism? Teachers or Pearson?
User753932476
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The teacher who marks your work may check, they will look at the information you wrote and check for references. A friend of mine failed a piece of coursework for copping a few paragraphs and not referencing them (after a re-sub they got a distinction). As for directly copping someone's whole piece of work, the teacher may be able to tell you didn't write it, and some students work / all from the class could be sent to the exam board for grade moderation in which case you would probably be caught and removed of that course and possibly other courses you are doing on that exam board.
HolaNeinoa
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by User753932476)
The teacher who marks your work may check, they will look at the information you wrote and check for references. A friend of mine failed a piece of coursework for copping a few paragraphs and not referencing them (after a re-sub they got a distinction). As for directly copping someone's whole piece of work, the teacher may be able to tell you didn't write it, and some students work / all from the class could be sent to the exam board for grade moderation in which case you would probably be caught and removed of that course and possibly other courses you are doing on that exam board.
Does Pearson store all previous work that has been moderated by them? So for example, a student this year, takes a few paragraphs and changes it up a bit from a student’s work that was moderated by Pearson in a previous year, would that student be caught for plagiarism since the work had been stored?
Last edited by HolaNeinoa; 4 weeks ago
User753932476
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm not 100% sure but i would guess that they probably would keep some for their records but maybe not all previous work. But the chances are that if you found a piece of coursework online and handed it in as your own they would probably have it on their system already
bamtutor
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by HolaNeinoa)
Does the exam board store all previous work given to them?
No it doesn't, however I am a BTEC verifier and we do check a number of samples for plagiarism. As experienced teachers, we can normally spot when work is copied (as can your teachers), but we do also scan and check suspect work. Worst case, if you have been found to have plagiarised then the verifier reports it to Pearson who can Block all learners from that centre receiving a qualification unit they have been checked and all learners have to resubmit new work which is then remarked.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.13%
I'm not sure (26)
4.59%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (179)
31.63%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.12%
I'm not a current university student (269)
47.53%

Watched Threads