SS123456
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I must admit this is a strange year. I’m going thr PGCE online and I’m finishing it strange to say the least. My initial intention was to meet lots of people but that’s just been taken away due to covid.

It’s so surreal at the moment. It’s really tough to make those connections with people when you haven’t met them.

How’s everyone else settling in
stephanieg1992
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Pretty much the same experience as you! The people on my course are super nice and very helpful, so that's great. But it being online just isn't the same experience at all, as much as the staff are trying their absolute best, and I feel like I'm not going to make any real friends this year. Ah, well, one of those things.

The technical glitches are driving me bananas though.
SS123456
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by stephanieg1992)
Pretty much the same experience as you! The people on my course are super nice and very helpful, so that's great. But it being online just isn't the same experience at all, as much as the staff are trying their absolute best, and I feel like I'm not going to make any real friends this year. Ah, well, one of those things.

The technical glitches are driving me bananas though.
Me too. It’s pretty sad tbf. But I hear they are trying to put more than one person in placement this year so maybe an opportunity to get to know others on the course. Fingers crossed maybe early next year we can be back in the lecture rooms.
songforclay90
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
There's a lot to take in. When I did my undergrad and Master's, a huge factor for my development on those courses was being able to discuss things from lectures with people and bounce ideas off one another, while garnering a better understanding of what is being taught.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Fret ye not. The uni bit will be over in a flash and you will be on placement at which point you won't be with uni mates anyway. Then you'll blink and this time next year your be on you're first post.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (57)
15%
I'm not sure (14)
3.68%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (129)
33.95%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.58%
I'm not a current university student (174)
45.79%

Watched Threads