Lower predicted grades than minimum requirement

Watch
Leonie2002
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I got predicted AAB (maths, physics and biology) but i wanted to apply to UCL, Kings and imperial which have a requirement of AAA for the course i’m interested in. Is it even worth me going trough the process or is my chance too low ?
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
See the relevant section in this TSR article ; https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...ity-rejections
Pythagoras1234
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I was literally about to ask the same question
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Leonie2002)
I got predicted AAB (maths, physics and biology) but i wanted to apply to UCL, Kings and imperial which have a requirement of AAA for the course i’m interested in. Is it even worth me going trough the process or is my chance too low ?
I'd apply to one or two out of the three. Obviously your chances are lower but predicted grades are only one aspect of your application. It's fine to have one or two aspirational choices.

You could also apply to two, wait and see if you get any response between now and the deadline, and use that to inform whether you apply to the other one as well, or to other, safer choices.

Applying will be a risk, but it's fine to include 1 or 2 risky choices.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Leonie2002)
It is highly unlikely you will get an offer from Imperial especially and also probably UCL. I certainly think it is worth trying Kings and maybe UCL but make sure you have a couple of universities you meet the requirements as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.13%
I'm not sure (26)
4.59%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (179)
31.63%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.12%
I'm not a current university student (269)
47.53%

Watched Threads