ayesha_15
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone, i was just wondering what courses are good to do in university with the subjects biology and chemistry.
emma31x12
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It really depends what you're interested in doing at uni or as a career- because you're taking 2 sciences I presume you want to go down a STEM route of some sort? Common third subjects unis want are Maths, Physics and Psychology however it's not completely unheard of for people to take English Lit. Maybe have a look at some universities and what combinations seem to be most common in the degrees that seem interesting to you. Chemistry and Biology are really good subjects that will leave your options open so I would recommend picking a subject you enjoy. I want to dentistry at uni and most unis only require you to take chemistry and biology then any 3rd subject however more prestigious unis require maths, physics or psychology as a third subject. Hope this helps!
ayesha_15
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by emma31x12)
It really depends what you're interested in doing at uni or as a career- because you're taking 2 sciences I presume you want to go down a STEM route of some sort? Common third subjects unis want are Maths, Physics and Psychology however it's not completely unheard of for people to take English Lit. Maybe have a look at some universities and what combinations seem to be most common in the degrees that seem interesting to you. Chemistry and Biology are really good subjects that will leave your options open so I would recommend picking a subject you enjoy. I want to dentistry at uni and most unis only require you to take chemistry and biology then any 3rd subject however more prestigious unis require maths, physics or psychology as a third subject. Hope this helps!
Yes thank you so much for answering my questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (55)
36.18%
No (80)
52.63%
I don't know (17)
11.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed