How many choices should i dedicate to my main subject?

Watch
Gary S
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm applying for dentistry, how many choices should I give to it? Been a bit paranoid so I have 2 choices in biomed and biomed with foundation year (I would do dentistry as a post-grad). The rest of the choices are different schools for dentistry.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by historynerd47)
I would personally dedicate all options to dentistry
Applicants can only apply to 4 Dentistry choices - one has to be a non-Dent choice.
historynerd47
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by McGinger)
Applicants can only apply to 4 Dentistry choices - one has to be a non-Dent choice.
Wow never knew this, so sorry! please ignore then. Just deleted my post to avoid any confusion
Last edited by historynerd47; 4 weeks ago
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Gary S)
I'm applying for dentistry, how many choices should I give to it? Been a bit paranoid so I have 2 choices in biomed and biomed with foundation year (I would do dentistry as a post-grad). The rest of the choices are different schools for dentistry.
As you know you can only apply for 4 max choices for Dent. Most people will have another bio-science choice for the 5th choice, but I know some others have two non-Dent choices so that if they dont get any Dent offers, they still have an obvious Firm and Insurance with the other two. Remember that you can apply for Dent Nursing or Dental Hygiene/Therapy - both have the later January deadline.
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
my understanding is that most people pick the full 4 med/dentistry and 5th as a related choice since many people receive 4 rejections and they want to maximise their chances.

Generally, the chances of you getting into your fifth choice are astronomically higher. (many courses have very high offer rates, med and dentistry being key exceptions) I don't see why you'd apply for a foundation year though?
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
As above, also you should know that graduate-entry dentistry is a lot more competitive than undergrad dentistry so it shouldn't ideally be seen as some kind of safe back-up option
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (170)
14.57%
I'm not sure (54)
4.63%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (343)
29.39%
I have already dropped out (35)
3%
I'm not a current university student (565)
48.41%

Watched Threads