Jobden
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So, to begin with I had two main choices of college, one where most of my friends were going that was just a sixth form of the high school ,so I was pretty familiar with everyone,I went to and the other was a college where I only really had one friend going with me(that I didn't exactly like an incredible amount) however it did have one course I really wanted to do (Japanese).Eventually, I picked the latter option (the one with Japanese) due to my hopes for meeting new people and experiencing a completely different atmosphere and was really exited to go into college at the beginning of September. When it started I found out we were going to be in college every second week and on the weeks we weren't in we'd be learning online(not a good start). From the first day, I've been becoming more and more miserable with my choice as the feeling of isolation has become so much stronger. And out of the courses I chose (Japanese, Physics, maths and comp. science) I started off enjoying Japanese and comp. science whereas any enjoyment I had for physics and maths has been sucked out then now I've reached the point with comp. science that my passion for it is slowly being lost. It just feels like as I stray further and further away from my previous friends as they try to include me in small chats and group things online my wish to just go and join them at their college becomes stronger, is there any chance I could change college(UK)? If there's any questions I'll try to answer.

Thanks for reading my little vent thing,

Jobden
gracelrobineon
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
yes you can change college but if you’re going to do it i’d recommend doing it before october half term (after that you’ll have a nightmare catching up with all the content)
you will have to contact the college you want to go to and check that they are willing and have spaces on the subjects you want to take. as long as they do everything should be fine
Jobden
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by gracelrobineon)
yes you can change college but if you’re going to do it i’d recommend doing it before october half term (after that you’ll have a nightmare catching up with all the content)
you will have to contact the college you want to go to and check that they are willing and have spaces on the subjects you want to take. as long as they do everything should be fine
Huh, I didn't realise it was so easy, I'll see about doing that asap. thanks for the response!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (46)
16.03%
I'm not sure (8)
2.79%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (100)
34.84%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.39%
I'm not a current university student (129)
44.95%

Watched Threads