My Gf Gets annoyed at me for unfair reasons

Watch
Dronnietyke
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi, so basically i have recently loved to university and its a very local uni to where i live and where my gf lives (8 mins on the train) and my gf says its too far and makes out i will leave her and find someone better and im living in halls wit three girls and two boys and everyone has a gf and bf but my gf is annoyed im living with but i cant help that and they have bfs and gfs she gets annoyed saying i will leave her and i see her every weekend and during the week but she still says that not enough she sometimes makes me feel like im missing out and lonely what do i do and i feel like if i tell her sell be upsetThankyou
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That must be the smallest hall of residence in the world. Only 6 of you?

Ask your girlfriend what she wants you to do.

Does she really want you to be unsociable?
And to not talk to people round campus? To not make new friends? To not have a full social life? To not grow and develop as a person? To not get better at your interpersonal skills?
Dronnietyke
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
That must be the smallest hall of residence in the world. Only 6 of you?

Ask your girlfriend what she wants you to do.

Does she really want you to be unsociable?
And to not talk to people round campus? To not make new friends? To not have a full social life? To not grow and develop as a person? To not get better at your interpersonal skills?
I said this to her then she became very upset and said im holding you back im holding you back and she said whats the point etc. and i was like sympathizing saying your not and you've got to let me meet people but she keeps doing she has been in a past abusive relationship so she gets worried etc. but its annoying
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
you need to talk it out with her, explain how what she is doing is unnecessary and reassure her, and if that doesn’t work i’d personally end things.
she’ll only become more controlling, especially if the work load increases and you’re unable to see her as much!
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You don't have to reassure her.

Just keep calm and carry on.

Live uni life to the full.

If she can't hack you doing this, then the problem is with her and there's nothing about your behaviour that you should change.
To some extent you may need to give her some "tough love". Be assertive about your own behaviour. Live your uni life to the full.

If your relationship comes to an end: so be it.
If it continues: so be it.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
That would do my head in, she’s trying to manipulate & control you, id tell her straight to grow up, if she throws a fit id end it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (190)
29.41%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.41%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.98%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.36%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.89%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.81%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.88%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.25%

Watched Threads