The Student Room Group

The pill rigevidon

Hi, I've heard hundreds of times how the rigevidon pill is so bad for you.
I started taking the pill when I was 15, just about a year ago because i had really irregular periods, after 3 months my docters stopped issuing my normal pill and I started taking rigevidon for three month at a time with a 4 day break. I've decided to come off it when I finish my next packet because I've experienced tons of side effects like random cramps that are really painful, random light headedness and nausea during the day. And I feel like I have become slightly depressed and my parents think the pill is the cause.

Surely the docters shouldn't keep prescribing this pill which everyone says is so bad, especially not to a 15 year old!!! I was told of the normal side effects but not of the blood clotting and breast cancer increased risk.

Also wondering what will it be like when I stop the pill???
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I've heard hundreds of times how the rigevidon pill is so bad for you.
I started taking the pill when I was 15, just about a year ago because i had really irregular periods, after 3 months my docters stopped issuing my normal pill and I started taking rigevidon for three month at a time with a 4 day break. I've decided to come off it when I finish my next packet because I've experienced tons of side effects like random cramps that are really painful, random light headedness and nausea during the day. And I feel like I have become slightly depressed and my parents think the pill is the cause.

Surely the docters shouldn't keep prescribing this pill which everyone says is so bad, especially not to a 15 year old!!! I was told of the normal side effects but not of the blood clotting and breast cancer increased risk.

Also wondering what will it be like when I stop the pill???

I was on Rigevidon for 4 years and I had absolutely no side effects until almost 5 years into taking it. So even though some people do have bad side effects, remember that it isn't everyone. Everybody reacts differently, and of course not many people will go online posting their positive experiences because they think it's pointless, but everybody rushes online to talk about how bad their experience was. If Rigevidon was truly awful, then it would not be approved and it would not be widely available. The NHS and trained medical professionals would not be happily giving people a drug that does more harm than good. I'm really sorry it didn't work for you, but remember that you would be in the minority of Rigevidon consumers who experience severe side effects. Also, the blood clotting etc. info is on the leaflet that comes with the pill.

I think you should speak to your GP about changing to a different pill, as there are many out there. Sometimes it can take trying several pills before a woman finds what is right for her because they're all different.

As for when you come off the pill, again it is hard to say because everyone is so different. If you come off it and go straight onto a different one, your experience will be different compared to if you come off it but don't replace it with anything. You may experience similar effects to what you are now, your periods may come back differently etc. Please speak to your GP to get some medical advice about it.

Quick Reply

Latest