A level physics electricity Questions

Watch
LeLivre
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I need help answering these questions, they look really simple but I can’t seem to get my head around them

Name:  20D34035-0B28-4D5E-BEB7-2B5A017581B4.jpg.jpeg
Views: 12
Size:  31.2 KBName:  DC475381-AD87-48C3-9DD7-79944F29B881.jpg.jpeg
Views: 11
Size:  16.1 KBName:  09B3E47F-66C2-4880-9E53-AC4E66BFF1E3.jpg.jpeg
Views: 12
Size:  29.3 KB
Hey_Hayley283
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Have u tried searching online? I'm pretty sure u need some sort of equation. Sorry if it doesn't help, I don't study physics as a level
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by LeLivre)
I need help answering these questions, they look really simple but I can’t seem to get my head around them
30: Putting three batteries in parallel acts to decrease the effective internal resistance. The voltage across them (zero current) remains the same. Look at the four answers and calculate the voltage that must be across the 6 Ohm resistor to drive each one of them - you can get the right answer pretty quickly.
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
32: This is a potential divider question. The voltage divides in proportion to the resistance, as the current is common to both. The twist is that you need to calculate the resistance of the voltmeter and Y in parallel, before reducing the circuit to a voltage divider.

A shortcut is to see that Y in parallel with the voltmeter will have a resistance of less than R/2. You can discount one of the two answers that satisfy that.
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
33: If the reading halves when S is closed, what can you say about the voltage dropped by the internal resistance and the external load?
Smokestar
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Could you post the answers.
For the first question i got A
2nd i got B
3rd one i got D
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (121)
14.39%
I'm not sure (36)
4.28%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (255)
30.32%
I have already dropped out (21)
2.5%
I'm not a current university student (408)
48.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed