Law student to fashion marketing advice

Watch this thread
Djdndbbcbd
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I’m a 3rd year law student just looking for some advice. I always wanted to study fashion promotion at uni before choosing law, and it’s always interested me but I never thought I’d be able to do it.
I finish university this year and I’m still really interested in getting into fashion marketing / promotion ! Obviously I don’t have the experience that a fashion student would have and don’t really know where to start as far as internships and grad schemes go so any advice on the steps to take would be a big help!

Also I already know that a law degree would be a bit more of a stable career, however I’m in my 3rd year and have never even secured a vacation scheme so it’s looking impossible to get a training contract, and I’m not feeling motivated with it at all any more
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Djdndbbcbd)
Hi, I’m a 3rd year law student just looking for some advice. I always wanted to study fashion promotion at uni before choosing law, and it’s always interested me but I never thought I’d be able to do it.
I finish university this year and I’m still really interested in getting into fashion marketing / promotion ! Obviously I don’t have the experience that a fashion student would have and don’t really know where to start as far as internships and grad schemes go so any advice on the steps to take would be a big help!

Also I already know that a law degree would be a bit more of a stable career, however I’m in my 3rd year and have never even secured a vacation scheme so it’s looking impossible to get a training contract, and I’m not feeling motivated with it at all any more
marketing jobs.
Jobs with fashion organisations graduate or otherwose to build up experience.
Look at marketing or fashion qualification. Chartered instiutute of marketing I think.
Also UAL do fashion qualifications heading into marketing.
https://www.arts.ac.uk/subjects/fash...#coursesummary

https://www.cim.co.uk/qualifications/

Develop a portfolio.
Get great grades for your degree.
Become involved in fashion related projects or societies or marketing.

In general you are trying to reorganise your CV and put either a marketing or fashion emphasis on it.
On your options then modules such as commercial. IT or IP might be relevant.

Get the best degree you can whether you are interested in law or not.

Do an apprenticeshop after if you cant get a grad job.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (93)
20.09%
The paper was reasonable (177)
38.23%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
25.7%
It was TERRIBLE (74)
15.98%

Watched Threads